Reporting to the VP of Demand Generation for the Mobile Division, the Director of Demand Generation for Hand Held Products and IOT has primary responsibility for developing, managing and implementing marketing strategies and initiatives designed to acquire and retain Samsung mobile customers.
This role will involve planning and coordinating go–to–market strategies for upcoming product launches, as well as looking over the 1-2 year planning horizon to manage sustainable business growth. The primary emphasis of this job is drive Consumer awareness and loyalty to Samsung branded products and services by leveraging both ATL and BTL strategies. The primary areas of responsibility include product communications strategy and planning, promotional planning, and product launch. This role will have primary responsibility for delivering the current year sales volume, and the next year's key activities.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of marketing professionals.
- Deliver the annual volume, share and financial objectives agreed by the business for their brand, or brand segment
- Develop and deliver the activity set for the following calendar year
- Identify and leverage consumer insights for their brand in communication and product propositions.
- Target audience definition: Analyze existing market research and shape the target audience definition. Craft simple and compelling value propositions that fundamentally address what experiences we should communicate to the target audience. Detailing the reasons as to why consumers should buy the product from Samsung.
- Campaign management: The role should optimize the strategy, plan and creative deliverables for all marketing campaigns for the consumer sector
- Develop, Implement, Deliver and measure the results of marketing initiatives that drive brand growth
- Lead cross-functional project teams to deliver the agreed brand activities on-time and complete.
- Marketing plan: the role is expected to document the quarterly and annual marketing plan, detailing the marketing initiatives and priorities that deliver growth in line with the business plan.Necessary Skills / Attributes
- 15+ years marketing experience on multiple brand, segments or categories
- Understands, experience with and ability to apply consumer insights analytic fundamentals (retail scanning, category insights data, brand-specific qual/quant research) to diagnose issues and opportunities
- Brand marketing fundamentals (consumer/shopper, equity/products, go to market) and in particular, the ability to identify and translate specific consumer and shopper insights, and broader category insights, into a single minded strategy and action plan that deliver on specific growth objectives and goals
- Experience driving digital marketing initiatives a plus
- Experiencing leading and working with marketing agencies to deliver integrated marketing plans, initiatives and promotions
- Highly organized/detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience in developing marketing and sales presentations, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A passion for technology
- Experience at top Technology or CPG company preferable Desired Education
- 4-Year college degree; MBA PreferredBehavioral Competencies
- Analytical/Systematic thinker: takes a well ordered and logical approach to analyzing situations/problems/information, organizing work and planning actions.
- Conceptual/Strategic thinker: identifies and see the relationship among key issues while understanding the big picture. Makes plans according to Company vision and strategy while aligning shared vision into achievable strategic objectives.
- Proactive/Forward thinker: anticipates and plans to deal with future events, trends, problems or opportunities.
- Team Builder: creates an environment to sustain highly motivated groups working to achieve common objectives. Ability to utilize team members' unique capabilities to maximize results.
- Consensus Builder: uses well considered approaches to convince others and build support for ideas.
- Communicator: takes advantage of opportunities to listen to others, have them feel listened to and satisfy their need to be informed. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Relationship Builder: develops and maintains strong relationships with mid-level and senior contacts, both internal and external, and is perceptive and responsive to the feelings, attitudes, and values of others.
- Political Acumen: exhibits a high degree of organizational awareness and is perceptive and responsive to power structures within organizations.