Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a hands-on product professional? Can you engage a team and evangelize a vision for an area of Splunk products? Can you collaborate with and encourage a cross-functional team to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products?
We are seeking a product management leader that combines attention to technical detail and business savvy, and can apply a deep understanding of the market to build unrivaled products.
In this role you will lead a high performing team of professionals to redefine how data is found, moved, processed and made relevant at scale previously thought impossible. Your innovation needs to change the fundamental expectations of data preparation and stewardship, to make highly diverse, fast moving, and truly massive, data sets ready for transformation into information and ultimately insights.
You will be accountable for the success of the Data Collection and Availabilty part of the Splunk platform, and responsible for prioritizing a backlog that harmonizes both specific data problems and facilitates cross-platform data solutions.
To be successful you will need to nurture a cohort Splunk customers for direct feedback in the product development process, as well as for adoption of new features prior to market introduction.
We believe in leadership at every level, and ensuring that everyone grows their career at Splunk. A key part of this role is mentoring your Product Managers and Development Teams, as well as investing in cooperative relationships among your peers in business functions such as product marketing, sales, technical presales, professional services, and support.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Required Skills and Background
- 10+ years experience in product management at enterprise software companies
- Experience as a product owner of multiple products or major feature areas in a portfolio
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others both inside and outside of the organization, and to lead without authority
- Experience building or designing data aggregation and streaming technologies, ideal through a SaaS or PaaS online platform
- Familiarity with technologies and services that move, transform, and onboard data at web scale, such as Kafka and Amazon Kinesis
- Understanding of common industry patterns for big data stewardship and governance
- Ideally experience using metrics and machine data to improve real life challenges in IT operations, application development and/or security operations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with ability to state things simply and persuasively for different audiences
- Experience writing, defending and implementing business cases
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field with an MBA highly preferred
Complementary Knowledge (pluses)
- Splunk product knowledge
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle using scalable Agile, including experience with CI/CD frameworks as applied to on premise and/or cloud delivered services
- Product Marketing and go-to-market experience in enterprise software market
- Understanding of software and cloud service financial mechanics, such as revenue recognition, deferral revenue, and various definitions of