SSL is a leading provider of commercial satellites and spacecraft systems, with broad expertise to support satellite operators and innovative space related missions. SSL is a part of Maxar Technologies.
The Communications Solutions Architect position is a Director level role responsible for developing, proposing, and selling to current and future commercial communication satellite customers integrated, end-to-end solutions targeted on evolved business needs and new use cases.
Become deeply imbedded with the customers and their strategic thinking to understand their current and future business needs, and use this knowledge to become a stronger business partner with the customers and to create innovative, high-economic-value solutions.
Use business value (i.e. economic metrics) as the driver for the solutions development. Develop solutions that generate value from the interplay between GEO, MEO, and LEO satellite systems and terrestrial 5G and wireless telecommunication systems.
The end-to-end solutions will incorporate all elements of the communication architecture between "plug and play" service demarcation points within the end-user's telecommunication networkinfrastructure, typically at the Ethernet and Internet Protocol ("IP") interfaces, thereby incorporating ground segment, satellite segment, and all RF segments into an integrated solution.
Develop new go-to-market models to deliver these integrated, end-to-end solutions to the evolving telecommunication customers that will be seeking increasingly integrated satellite and terrestrial solutions.
Use knowledge of the application layers being supported by customers to develop solutions that are efficiently tuned to enable these applications.
- Partner with SSL Customer Account Owners to develop deep and strategic relationships with SSL's current and future customers.
- Understand current use cases of SSL's customers. Use business metrics, knowledge of evolving telecommunication technology (satellite and terrestrial), and knowledge of the supported applications to develop new use cases.
- Develop, propose, and sell integrated, end-to-end solutions targeted on evolved business needs and new use cases.
- Partner with SSL's Solutions and Proposal team to have them develop, propose, and sell satellite solutions that integrate with the end-to-end solutions being developed.
- Partner with other Maxar Technologies business units to develop and provide needed elements of the end-to-end solutions that cannot be provided by SSL.
- Lead partnershipinvestigations and negotiations to obtain SSL partners that can efficiently deliver the additional, needed elements of the end-to-end solutions to augment Maxar Technologies offering.
- Identify new customers, use cases, and applications for SSL's products. Develop, propose, and sell innovative solutions for these use cases and applications to these customers.
- Lead and advance SSL's partnership activities with its current and future customers.
- Lead early stage customer engagement regarding business case feasibility and best value determination, trade studies, and requirements development.
- Support Account Owners with business and technology briefings, review proposed solutions for technical competitiveness, brainstorm design architectures, identify alternate solutions, define critical design trades, and challenge design assumptions and analysis methodologies.
- Support Account Owners in RFIs/RFPs and identifying customer business needs, closing customer contracts, identifying and managing risk for smooth program handover, and identifying and managing technical trades.
Skills and Competencies
- Business satellite industry, and telecommunications industry knowledge that effectively underpins successful engagement with satellite operator customers, users of satellite services, and users of telecommunication services on infrastructure, networks, and applications relevant to their business
- .Knowledge of, and experience with, 5G mobilenetworks desirable
- .Demonstrated proficiency in business-value solutions development and selling in a telecommunications-related field.
- Solutions-oriented approach to leading a matrixed team of professionals so that they perform in a world-class fashion within a dynamic business-development and competitive industry environment.
- Project management experience and ability to organize and track resources and progress on many simultaneous activities.
- Focuses on action and outcomes: Attacks everything with drive and energy; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish.
- Deals with ambiguity: Able to assess competing priorities, handle changing situations, and deal with customer and competitive uncertainty to make effective decisions and provide leadership in the absence of clear or complete information.
- Acts with honor and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Advanced engineering degree in a telecommunications-related field.
- Significant career experience in a telecommunications-related field.
- MBA desirable.
Req Num 7417