At The North Face, we are obsessed with enabling and inspiring the world to live a life of Exploration. From the mountains to the city, we have been supporting people in their quest to expand their world, push their boundaries and respect the world that we live in.
An important part of this journey is the way that our brand is perceived by, and the impact that we make on, the world around us. Never before has there been more opportunity to engage new groups of consumers in a life of exploration, and never before have the natural places we love to explore been under such threat. We are looking for a Leader to help The North Face navigate through these opportunities and responsibilities.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Director, Corporate Communications & CSR are to globally manage The North Face corporate communications and public relations, as well as the social responsibility platform while building The North Face brand awareness and image based on corporate objectives. This is a high-profile leadership role that is ultimately responsible for the brand’s reputation.
- Set the strategy and vision for the brand in two key areas: consumer-facing Public Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Act as the face and voice of the brand within critical industry, legislative and philanthropic conversations.
- Lead the Public Relations agenda, strategy and team. Sets the strategy for the brand’s intended press on a yearly basis for all, sport, expedition, fashion, lifestyle, and endemic press. Leads the development of an urban influencer and partnership program to build the brand’s reputation in key cities.
- Lead the CSR agenda, strategy and team. Develops, plans, manages and executes the brand’s CSR strategies including legislative, industry and philanthropic activities. This includes strategy for the TNF Explore Fund, positions on key industry/philanthropic boards and involvement in key legislative intiatives.
- Manage and recruit key external agencies as needed
- Leads the internal TNF conversation around key issues. Works closely with VFC and the TNF HR department to engage employee base in activation. Communicates regularly to VFC the brand’s communication plans and strategies. Oversees all internal communications for TNF and the Brand President. Manages proactive internal communication of TNF.
- Creates, manages, and tracks all applicable budgets to ensure on or under budget performance. Creates, manages, and tracks all applicable project timelines to ensure on time, high quality deliverables.
- Conducts surveys to ensure deliverables meet and exceed company standards and to help identify development areas for future projects.
- Responsible for coaching and supporting senior leaders as spokespersons.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- BA or BS degree in public relations, business, communications or Marketing or related field and 10+ years minimum relevant and progressive experience and 6+ years in management including leading a team.
- MBA preferred.
- Outdoor industry experiencepreferred.
- Strong working knowledge in PR, Communications and Marketing.
- Significant communications experience that includes a blend of advocacy and media relations.
- A strong track record of positioning an organization to achieve tangible outcomes in a competitive business environment.
- Ability to coach and support senior leaders as spokespersons and to provide staff leadership and supervision.
- Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and inspire a broad range of individuals to work toward a common goal.
- Must have a track record in establishing procedures, implementing key marketing and PR initiatives and executing processes.
- International experiencepreferred.
- Strong public speaker with experience in representing large organizations with key stakeholders.
- Understanding of the legislative process.
- Able to build and lead industry coalitions.
- Strategic leader with the proven ability to recruit, retain, motivate and develop team. Strong understanding of apparel marketing, public relations and marketing research.
- Extensive successful writing and editingexperience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media to engage local leaders, stakeholders, donors and other key constituents.
- Travel required: 25%