Lenovo, a member of the Fortune Global 500, is the fastest growing technology company onthe planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter and we’re growing!
This is a fabulous opportunity to influence the way Lenovo’s Hyperscale Supply Chain, one ofthe fastest growing divisions within Lenovo is designed and built. The Hyperscale (Cloud) portfolio for Lenovo is expected to be >$1B, and growing at an annual rate of 300-400%. The Hyperscale Supply Chain team has two distinct pillars – the Strategic Supply Chain Planning function with a medium-to-long term focus and Customer Operations function with a near-term order fulfillment focus.
This leader will be responsible for designing and building the Strategic Supply Chain Planning function for Hyperscale (Cloud)- Long-range forecast, Inventory/commodity planning and making strategic buy-ahead bets based on market supply and pricing trends, Cost and process optimization and system enablement activities, partnering closely with our customers. In addition, this role will also lead Front-end enablement representing supply chain in new customer on-boarding and new product introduction initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Hyperscale Supply Chain, this role will have a strategic focus, and will start of as an individual contributor and help build a team of supply chain managers and decision support analysts with a strategic longer term focus, specifically responsible for long-range forecast development and reconciliation, process and supply chain optimization initiatives, cost engineering and front-end customer/product enablement.
This role includes the following key responsibilities:
• Engage with our customers in building the long term forecast that will enable us to be successful in implementing our Dual-supply chain strategy with a deep focus on postponement logistics models and low-cost Asia manufacturing to reduce cost, and an Upside fulfillment model for demand spikes.
• Coordinate closely with our Supply Planning and Procurement teams to make strategic bets on long-lead time and commodity parts, understanding overall financial and liability, aligning with product transitions and customer award trends
• Cost Engineering efforts – Continuous focus on lowering cost on all functions of the supply chain, and coordinate closely with Finance and IT in building cost models
• Supply Chain Optimization and System Enablement efforts – Lenovo’s vision for Hyperscale is predicated on building an agile, customer-focused supply chain, and optimization and automation initiatives are critical in achieving visibility in to our supply chain. Lead organization?wide projects to improve delivery, reliability and agility, leveraging others effectively to support business goals
• Front-end enablement for customer on-boarding activities, working closely with Sales/Business Development and Product Engineering.
• Build decision support models, with what-if scenarios to quickly ascertain the impact of supply or demand changes, and its effect on delivery SLAs and inventory levels, and present to Executivemanagement on a periodic basis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills and qualifications:
• Experience in Cloud or High?tech electronics inventory management, sourcing, supply chain and manufacturing organization, including specific experience in S&OP, Inventory Management, NPI, demand/supply planning, production management, delivery execution, and supplier performance management
• Experience in custom?built, build?to?order, and build?to?forecast environments
• Excellent analytical and statistical inventory optimization (MEIO) skills
• Ability to work in a fast?paced, dynamic environment and deal effectively with conflicting priorities and change
• Strong customer focus & attention to detail
• Minimum 10?years management experience in high?change environments
• Demonstrated ability to work independently & lead teams
• Demonstrated program & project management skills
• Strong written and oral communication
• Ability to self?serve and perform deep data analysis and scenario evaluation
• Ability to work effectively in MRP/ERP, supplier collaboration tool environments
• Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing/TFS training or experience
• APICS/ISM education/certification
• 20% travel to customer and supplier locations (Domestic and International)
Minimum experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree (preferred MS or MBA) in Operations Management, Business, Supply Chain, or related technology BS degree, and/or equivalent industry experience
• 15+ years’ experience managing volume purchasing, inventory management, supply-delivery and/or logistics in build?to?order and build?to?forecast environments
• Direct supply chain/materials & delivery management experience. Lean?6 sigma project and process experience, APICS / ISM education.
At $46B in global sales, in over 160 countries, Lenovo is a collection of highly skilled and talented people doing what we do best: producing the very best in world-class products. From personal computers and tablets, to cell phones, applications and servers. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we DO. We're looking to add fresh, talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.