Responsible for Clinical Services activities in approximately 14 to 20 ASCs. Serves as a key member of the Quality Team and assumes leadership for planning and executing Quality plans in each center which promote patient safety; compliance with applicable CMS and State regulations and accreditation standards; and exceptional customer service.
- Implements corporate and clinical services policies and procedures at the center level
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations and standards of accrediting organizations (AAAHC and Joint Commission) pertaining to ambulatory surgery centers. Supports assigned ASC’s in maintaining survey readiness.
- Monitors, audits and evaluates compliance with federal and State regulations, and the quality of the clinical services provided at assigned ASCs by conducting on-site assessments and developing and monitoring action plans to address areas for improvement
- Responsible for all clinical aspects of assigned ASC’s performance
- Addresses physician partner concerns and problems related to clinical services. Actively work to maintain and improve relationships with physician partners.
- Supports implementation of Quality initiatives. Monitors center QAPI plan implementation.
- Monitors quality data and patient satisfaction data for each of assigned centers to identify areas for improvement and assist in development of improvement strategies
- Supports implementation of CMS Quality reporting
- Understands the partners, the practices and the markets in sufficient depth to bring value to partners by participating in the centers’ business planning processes as it relates to Clinical Services
- Communicates often, meets in person outside Board meetings, query satisfaction levels and work closely with all partners (not just board members) exchanging ideas and planning for the future.
- Educate partners regarding regulatory and accreditation standards to support continual survey readiness
- Be viewed by the partners as a business asset and resource (not only for the ASC but practice and other ventures).
- Supports analysis of supply, drug, and variable expense cost
- Assists in preparation of Quality report for Center Board meetings
- Supports educational needs of Center Leader and clinical staff
- Actively participates in company-wide educational efforts, including Leadership Conference, new Center Leader training, and webinars
- Participates in development and deployment of Best Practices
- Maintains ongoing communication with assigned Operations lead VP regarding clinical, quality and risk management activities, corporate initiatives, trends, problems, issues, surveys, letters of deficiency and plans of correction, and sentinel events
- Submit Weekly Report to Operations lead VP and VP Clinical Services
- Maintains professional knowledge base and applicable certifications
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Demonstrated ability to bring exceptional business acumen as well as creativity to the operations and management of healthcare facilities
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly motivated and integrated management team
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a successful operating infrastructure in a service oriented setting that sustains a company through growth
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a positive and energetic culture within the organization
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and ambulatory surgery center experiencerequired and designation as a licensed RN with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in perioperative nursing is required. GI Endoscopy, Ophthalmology, or Multi-Specialty ASC experiencepreferred.