The Senior Director, Clinical Development Informatics provides direction and oversight for the department and serves as a key member and contributor to the clinical development leadership team, applying strategic thought and analysis to developing metrics and visualizations that enable efficient and effective management of the business. Works collaboratively with other departments todesign and develop analytical reports and dashboards.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders, including TIP, Finance and GCD Leadership, to design, develop, maintain, and enhance metrics, and associated analytical reports and dashboards.
- Oversees and manages the definition, optimization and generation of metrics, metrics reports, and scorecards to assess operational performance, including operational delivery, productivity, financial, and quality performance.
- Oversees analysis of large volumes of operational performance and financial data from different sources and the production of meaningful business information, analytical reports, and dashboards.
- Applies practical applications and recommends action plans from the evaluation and interpretation of data, including proactively generating ideas to be used in analyses.
- Acts as business lead for qualitative and quantitative research projects, delivering insightful analyses and recommendations that can be acted upon by the GCD organization.
- Provides leadership to employees within the department by establishing a challenging, motivating and collaborative workenvironment for an effective and productive team.
- Develops and maintains performance culture, managing resource and succession planning, performance, training and development planning to maximize the performance and motivation of individuals.
- Develops and maintains performance culture, managing resource and succession planning, performance, training and development planning to maximize the performance and motivation of the team.
- Provides a culture of continuous process improvement for the team
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualifications
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15+ years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 7+ years of management responsibility
- Advanced leadership skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior analytical skills and capable of applying to practical applications
- Extensive understanding of relational databases and database structures
- Excellent financial acumen – ability to identify and understand financial drivers, knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and resource management
- Superior computer skills – knowledge of Spotfire, SharePoint, CTMS systems useful
- Outstanding oral/presentation and written communication skills
- Superior leadership and management skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and negotiation skills
- Confidence in senior level interactions and potential clients or vendors
- Superior understanding of process improvement, especially as it applies to clinical trials, clinical development and projectmanagement
- Capable of multi-tasking and performing under stress
- Capable of applying basic principles to solve conceptual issues
- Broad understanding of leading transformative operations projects or initiatives
- Director role with significantly larger management scope (e.g. global or regional responsibilities or multiple departments) OR mastery of director skills and responsibilities as demonstrated by consistent, multi-year successful performance. Directs through subordinate management. In some instances may be responsible for a functional area (as determined by executivemanagement) and not have subordinate supervisors or employees. May manage employees across multiple regions.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Must pay constant attention to detail-visual, mental
- Must be able to multi-task constantly
- Frequent interaction with clients / associates required
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Travel and rotating shifts required on rare occasions
- Exposure to toxic materials on rare occasions
- Standing and walking required daily
- Lifting / carrying objects of 5-25 lbs. required daily
- Crouching / stooping required frequently
- Lifting / carrying objects of 26-50+ lbs. required occasionally
- Kneeling, twisting of upper body / neck, and pushing / pulling of items required occasionally