Moderna is seeking a Clinical Biomarker Sr/Director to develop and drive biomarker strategy across clinical compounds working collaboratively with cross functional therapeutic team members. The role will liaise with external assay laboratories, collaboration partners and CROs. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer. This position will work collaboratively across several disease teams and associated compounds to ensure planning, execution and data delivery of the biomarker strategy for clinical trials conducted by Moderna and will manage of team of direct and indirect reports.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Evaluate technologies to identify, define and implement the biomarker strategy to support the clinical development of Moderna's compounds
- Develop the biomarker strategy with input from the research and clinical leads for the study
- Drive the biomarker strategy to ensure assay labs complete appropriate qualification or validation work in order to execute on the clinical biomarker plan on time and with good quality
- Ensures the timely and efficient delivery of all biomarker operational aspects across therapeutic area clinical trials
- Accountable for planning, coordinating, and overseeing all operational activities required to manage the flow of biomarker samples from planning, collection, analysis, data delivery and final sample disposition
- Responsible for collaborating closely with Translational Science/Research and Biosample leads to execute biomarker operational strategies, serving as a single point of contact for biomarker operations across teams, and with collaborators, assay labs and CROs.
- Responsible for the identification and selection of biomarker vendors in collaboration with the Translational Science/Research leads
- Ensure collection, delivery and analysis of biosamples according to the protocol and in compliance with protocol, informed consent, local regulations as well as GCP/ICH
- Manages the development and oversight of the biomarker analysis timelines, budget, risk and quality plans
- Leads the development and finalization of the Biomarker Plan based on input from scientific and operational team members to deliver on biomarker operational strategies
- Develops and provides operational input and recommendations into all study related documentation (including protocol, informed consent form, and amendments) and processes.
- Attends operations team meetings and monitor training, CRO kick-off meetings, as applicable, to deliver trainings on biomarker
- Participate in committees and work streams that support process and procedure for standardized language, biomarker usage, and data reporting
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- MS (with at least 8 years pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience) or Ph.D. (with at least 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience) in a related science focus (i.e. immunology, molecular biology, biotechnology).
- Experience in clinical translational or biomarker work and its role across drug development from early phase through licensure
- Companion diagnostic development experience is desirable
- Solid experience in the application of biomarkers during development of assets is preferred, including experience with clinical translational research, validation and implementation.
- Experience in managing third party assay laboratories, collaborations and budget management.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Eligible for "Moderna Month" (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)