ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate strategic plans for future growth and implement that strategy into the daily operations, department staffing, purchasing, and company administration. Make sound business decisions based on developed data, business acumen, and financial goals. Manages and directs departmental processes, activities and outcomes for operational accounting teams in area of competence. This includes but is not limited to, developing and monitoring internal controls, creating process efficiency, ensuring adherence to established processes, and performance management. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the company goals/objectives and implements strategy for execution.
- Directs departmental staffing in line by creating budgets and headcount targets. Manage and enforce the financial goals through profit & loss statement analysis and overall margin management. Includes ongoing capacity management, defining performance goals/objectives/ metrics, and process performance measures. Monitors overall operational costs and implements strategies to reduce. Insures staffing is at optimal levels based on work volume, complexity, and forecasting. Insures staff is properly trained, procedures are documented and available to staff. Promotes staff's career goals and progressions, developing opportunities for staff development.
- Leads overall department development by directing special projects, developing advanced processes and systems, works across all areas to insure departmental success and proactively works with all Graebel departments to meet company goals and objectives. Provide resources and guidance to the department leaders to ensure the implementation and projects are successful.
- Ensures compliance to audit directives, client service level agreements, cycle time standards, quality goals and client satisfaction targets. Develops and adjusts workflow management strategies to prevent financial risks/penalties and adherence to deadlines.
- Provides guidance /leadership to teams, including manager(s), supervisors and associates onsite. Responsible for setting the tone/culture and directing all office activities. Leadership escalation point of contact for all internal stakeholders and external clients. Leads by Graebel's values of Truth, Love and Integrity. Develop departmental and individual staff bonus and incentive plans. Review and/or revise job descriptions keeping them current and updated. Utilize people skills giving guided discovery to proper leadership. Participate in and partner with corporate resources such as Human Resources, IT, etc. to ensure operational finance supports the overall company goals and expectations.
- Directly manages onsite support staff of subordinate managers and supervisor(s) who supervise(s) approximately 100 employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Experience in Microsoft Dynamics would be helpful.
Typically possesses 15 or more years of relevant work experience, which includes 7 to 10 years of management experience in a finance function, large teams, and multiple complex projects. Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in business is preferred.