The University of North Texas System (UNTS) has a great opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner II – Campus Director at the Fort Worth location. Our vision is to provide the best approach to deliver HR services to our constituents in the most effective and efficient manner to help drive business outcomes. As a result, we are seeking a HR Business Partner II – Campus Director for our HR Shared Services. This new team member will contribute to our goal to be the strategic partner needed by our constituents while providing outstanding programs and services. Join our team in this exciting time and help us develop the future of the University of North Texas System.
- Supports the UNTHSC Values-Based Hiring model.
- Assess the current Human Resources services/programs and need for developing and implementing new services/programs to meet the needs of the campus community.
- Demonstrates effective team management skills, develops business proposals for justification of HR related initiatives, ability to develop and execute short and long-term departmental plans.
- Provides leadership of HR programs including compensation, benefits, employee relations, flexible work arrangements, performance evaluation, training and development, employee engagement and retention of employees.
- Assess and recommend comprehensive, competitive compensation plan and benefit programs to ensure policies, procedures and programs are in alignment with the University’s overall strategic objectives and vision.
- Provides proactive advise/counsel to the President, Cabinet and senior level employees.
- Provides input to strategic plans and leads the review, development, and modification of processes, procedures, and programs that are in compliance with federal, state, local, and University requirements.
- Plays a key role in advancing the relationships between the Human Resources Department and institutional departments to help facilitate the success of the University’s purpose, vision, mission and goals.
- Serves as HR representation on campus-wide committees, task forces and work groups. Meets regularly with senior leadership.
- As a trusted advisor, the HR Director will provide advice and guidance to University administration in decision making.
- Acts as a liaison between System HR and other internal HR service providers.
- Foresees and recommends the need to adapt human resource policies and procedures to address current and future challenges.
- Partners with other HR leadership to align HR programs, policies, procedures and systems to meet the goal of the institution.
- Keeps the University President & Cabinet informed of any significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of university goals.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with other HR leadership to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- In partnership with the Office of General Council, maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and options related to day-to-day management of employees, to include evaluation of employee performance and actions available to reward, modify or terminate employment, thereby reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Directs and oversees a team of professional staff.
- Develops and maintains professional knowledge and associations in the areas of assignment and in the general Human Resources field.
- Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed and work supervised.
- Leverage a broad range of HR and client organizational knowledge for action planning, issue prevention, and strategic initiative implementation.
- Contribute to business and/or organizational strategy by supporting business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational climate, capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
- Standardize service level expectations for HR related services; develop and maintain metrics for tracking success.
- Assess and enhance the HR based professional development programs for staff and faculty at the UNTHSC.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in human resources administration, organizational and employee development, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, strategic human resource planning, and supporting a diverse workforce, and five or more years in a supervisory role. At least 5 years of leadership experience in a Health Science Center and/or Healthcare Center.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.