ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sr. Director is responsible for building, leading and managing strong teams across multiple sites (plus home agents) that provide excellent support to our customers day in and day out while meeting our service, cost and quality targets. The position manages a large and complex budget, with overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, quality, and productivity. It also manages a large and complex operation, including administration of policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow across multiple delivery channels.
Gap Inc. is investing in a personalized, effortless customer experience that delights her and builds her connection to Gap’s family of brands. Our Customer Contact Center is building best-in-class capabilities that integrate seamlessly with our physical and digital experiences and modernizing the way our teams work. The Sr. Director owns defining a clear strategic roadmap for transformation, designing and leading significant organization and operational change, ensuring integration into the broader Customer Experience journey, while also ensuring cost, quality and service goals are met.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build, lead and manage strong teams across multiple internal Gap Inc. contact center sites (plus home agents) and multiple third parties that provide excellent support to our customers day in and day out while meeting our service, cost and quality targets.
- Assess, negotiate with, onboard, manage and (if necessary) offboard third party service support globally.
- Manage a large budget, with overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, quality, and productivity.
- Manage a complex operation including external service providers, including administration of policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow across multiple delivery channels.
- Evaluate the performance of current business operations and recommend strategies, changes in priorities to achieve business goals.
- Develop the long-term strategy and roadmap for building a top customer service experience and team, including technological and organizational capabilities, capacity, and talent
- Lead an ongoing technological transformation associated with the modernization and automation of major contact center systems and customer self-service tools, in partnership with tech stakeholders.
- WHO YOU ARE15-20 years of significant customer service experience preferred.
- Experience transforming contact center operations, including building and implementing core contact center systems, developing hybrid internal/external operating models, and leading associated organization change.
- Working knowledge of core contact center systems, including telephony and related infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Proven success in leading, managing and motivating others; team building and management skills; organizational and staff development skills.
BENEFITS AT GAP INC.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*