Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Sr. Director, Business Transformation
Transformational leadership is a style of leadership where a leader works with subordinates to identify needed change, creating a vision to guide the change through inspiration, and executing the change in tandem with committed members of a group.
PayPal Global Customer Services is seeking a Sr. Director of Business Transformation. This person must be a highly-motivated individual with proven global experience to lead the evolution and maturity of our customer experience programs with the knowledge of industry best practices and experience metrics. This role will drive the change of moving an organization from reactive to proactive customer care. This role will also be responsible for instrumenting financial goals around the value the service experience brings to the business; building programs that continue to drive the business forward.
The Sr. Director of Business Transformation will work closely with the VP of Global Customer Services to help build a culture that elevates customer experience and the voice of the customer throughout the organization to create profitable, sustainable growth (living by the mantra: our customer’s success is our success). This role will operate with minimal resources so the success will be based on the leader’s ability to work through others and be able to get into the business details.
This individual must understand how a team works and can lead, motivate and collaboratively work with others. This person is a strong advocate who pursues customer centric cultural and organizational change in a positive and constructive manner. This person must be able to communicate effectively as a leader, trainer, coach and mentor. During a working day, this individual will communicate with cross-functional employees at all levels of the organization and must be able to speak the language of front-line workers, as well as C-Level executives.
The Sr. Director of Business Transformation will understand highly complex projects supporting global strategic initiatives currently being led across the organization and will work with the various leaders and sponsors of these programs to build a vision on how the various strategies fit together to drive transformation. This leader will work across the various regional teams and drive regional understanding, prioritization and execution of these initiatives. This person will be responsible for working directly with leading teams using standard project and problem solving methodology and tools to make data driven decisions.
The Sr. Director of Business Transformation will report to the VP of Global Customer Services.
Key metrics will be focused around: NPS, Customer Effort, Customer Value, Revenue and Churn Rate.
Mandates for Role
- Lead change management activities
- Assist with identification of and solutions for process improvements and change management
- Identify best practices and work with colleagues to embrace leading best practices
- Drive Long-Term Vision by mapping out ideal user experience and strategically prioritizing future investments
- Build Culture of Customer Centricity at senior-level, cross-enterprise and drive awareness of customer facing experiences, needs
Qualifications & Education Requirements
Minimum Fifteen (15+) years of business experience within Customer Experience, Marketing, Customer Care or other related area to support of re-engineering culture, business transformation, continuous improvement and productivity; Must show proven people management skills (minimum 3 years)
- Strong PC applications skills including Microsoft Office suite (required), Salesforce
- Proven collaborative working style amongst diverse functions, regions and cultures
Minimum Education Required/Preferred
MS/MBA degree or equivalent, 15+ years related experience or 17+ years related experience if without MS/MBA degree.
- Knowledge or experience on human centered design principles and methodology
Knowledge, Skills And Competencies
- Proven Customer Centric leadership competencies
- Ability to thrive with an ambiguous mandate
- Problem-solving mentality working with others to find solutions to problems
- Ability to develop and manage multiple initiatives/projects independently and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision required and with minimal resources
- Ability to manage complex projects and build relationships across functions
- Ability to use and analyze complex data streams
- Solid understanding of organizational change management
- Experience facilitating large workshops, focus groups and cross-functional teams required
- Influential with an eye to Initiative & Foresight
- Ability to question, challenge and extract ideas that may be transformational
- Proactive in management, stakeholder and peer alignment
- Ability to quickly create team spirit and unite resources from multiple disciplines
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.