The Sr Director, Brands & Regions Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a new Information Systems position that will serve as a strategic partner to varied Columbia Sportswear Brand & Region business units. This role's main responsibility is to understand the business objectives across these brands and regions, then align and create IT initiatives enabling their objectives and broader goals.
An effective BRM is an integral part of the leadership team, engaging with internal businesses to influence enterprise application and strategic direction, and identify opportunities for GIS (Global Information Systems) to support and advance business objectives. The BRM will translate business needs into system capabilities by aligning appropriate resources to create project and program charters. Programs include management of business process change, ensuring training needs are fully met, and the facilitation of GIS customer satisfaction to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple global regions and brands to implement and support global processes and systems that meet regional Information System needs.
- Proactively serve as a "trusted business partner" and the primary point of contact from GIS to varied business leaders. Represent GIS in articulating GIS's services and capabilities.
- Partner with key stakeholders in by maintaining a high degree of visibility within the business and attending business meetings and appropriate management forums, providing a central point of information for all related GIS activities
- Support the business needs and interests within GIS, contributing to appropriate IS team, operational and development meetings
- Partner with business area leaders to collaboratively define, shape, articulate and prioritize requirements and business cases for new or changed IS services and develop strategic IS enabled roadmaps (typically covering 1-3 years) required to support the overall business area/functional strategy and roadmap
- Support the prioritization of projects, particularly using cost / benefit analysis to proactively manage business demand.
- Support GIS operational performance and progress of ongoing development, playing a leading role in problem resolution
- Drive development, performance, and talent programs through the global manufacturing functions. Work collaboratively with Human Resources staff to utilize programs and tools that will meet the needs of the organization; organizational design, training, salary administration, succession planning, performance management, and hiring. Achieve results through building strong teams.
- Assist with the operational and commercial relationship management of third party suppliers
- Partner with the business to form process and systems solutions that are appropriate and adequate to satisfy both tactical and strategic business needs
- Act as a project leader/manager, coordinating the work of both internal and external IS resources when required.
- Partner with GIS counterparts (Architecture/Solution Delivery/Infrastructure & Operations/PMO) on business unit goals and objectives and educates the business on the value of information technology.
- Ensure that business and IS relationships are fully aligned throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Act as a single point of focus of escalation for issue resolution and project requests for Supply Chain.
- Ensure transparency to operational group of new or changing requirements and their impact on GIS initiatives.
- Manage departmental budget, authorize expenditures and monitor results
- Has full supervisory responsibility for multiple IS Managers, Business Analysts, Team Leads, as well as assigned contract resources. Providing guidance for their staff to ready and prepare themselves to progress in their career paths.
- Bachelor's Degree required in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 15+ years of progressively increasing IS Leadership and Management experience in a complex global environment
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience for both business and systems
- Demonstrated successful project/program management and process improvement leadership
- Ability to positively influence people at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience in managing and mentoring a team of diverse managers, business system analysts and contractors on a global scale to deliver complex and reliable solutions to a diverse set of businesses and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in process mapping, portfolio/project management, training and testing
- Proven skills in integrating enterprise packaged applications is required
- Applied experience working across a multi-region/multi-cultural landscape, communicating complex problems in a non-technical and simplified manner
- Ability to travel internationally. The travel expectation is 30%
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry and the Apparel/Footwear industry is a plus