- This role develops, socializes and aligns the marketing strategy for CVI’s global FRP portfolio, inclusive of current business and future innovation, with consideration of CVI and customer-branded (aka private label) offers, inclusive of:
- Builds a deep understanding of market and competitive dynamics, and the implications for CVI’s FRP portfolio, and socializes this with key stakeholders to gain alignment on innovation and marketing plans.
- Oversees FRP product management tasks, inclusive of market and customer research, to inform market and product requirements and leads the development of innovation for the company’s FRP product pipeline.
- Defines global portfolio needs, positioning hierarchy, packaging standards, go-to-market prioritization and strategic pricing corridors.
- Develops the global FRP portfolio marketing plan, in concert with global and regional marketing stakeholders, with inputs from key enabling functions.
- Serves as de facto P+L owner of the FRP portfolio, driving decisions that seek to maximize financial, market and customer and user sentiment KPIs.
- Works widely across the organization, absent hierarchical authority, leveraging influencing skills to ensure successful achievement of CVI commercial objectives and business goals.
- Secures global support to enable seamless commercialization of FRP new product innovation
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
Leads development annually of the FRP components of the LRSP and global marketing plan:
- Secures relevant information and data on macro trends, market dynamics-including customer and user inputs-and competitive activity.
- Offers product life cycle inputs to achieve an optimal CVI portfolio in the present and future years.
- Works with regions and enabling functions to translate inputs into portfolio unit and revenue forecasts.
- Informs global pricing strategies, defining pricing corridors for regions and countries to operate within.
- Partners within global marketing to develop in-market support via development of toolkits that include clinical studies, KOL engagement and advocacy plans, advertising, PR and digital assets, market research outputs and other tools, materials or programs that are aligned with key commercial stakeholders, funded and resourced.
Leads development of the company’s FRP product pipeline for execution via the life cycle management (LCM) process
- Oversees FRP product management tasks, inclusive of market and customer research, to inform market and product requirements and leads
- Through participation on FRP LCM teams, leverages inputs on macro trends, market dynamics and competitive activity to drive project definition, prioritization and functional marketing inputs.
- Translates LCM project prioritization, via alignment with commercial leadership and regional marketing, into global and regional/country go-to-market plans, by which market launches are executed. Provides necessary tools and templates.
- Drives alignment across enabling functions such as R&D, Legal, Regulatory, Clinical and IP/Trademark to drive effective and rapid new product commercialization planning
- Leads global development of marketing and sales training materials to support new product launches
Builds powerful partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders and regional marketing teams:
- Works closely with key functional stakeholders, both via formal mechanisms such as LCM and cross-functional product teams, and informally and on an ad-hoc basis, as needed, to progress FRP portfolio priorities.
- Builds a deep understanding of regional dynamics to inform appropriate global marketing support and credible partnership. Includes, but is not limited to, understanding of key customer requirements, country-specific needs and differences, and considerations in respect of ECP roles as product decision influencers, channel dynamics, competitive activity, regulatory environments, pricing corridors and requirements in respect of packaging formats.
- Gains alignment with regional marketing teams and encourage best practice sharing via leadership in creating key touchpoints, including global brand and new product commercialization calls, region/key market-specific projects and other approaches on an as-needed basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capability to simultaneously provide commercial inputs, such as macro trends, customer requirements and market research, to inform future product innovation projects, while in parallel developing, socializing and aligning the brand marketing strategy for the current product portfolio.
- Experience managing broad product portfolios, across the entire product lifecycle from concept validation to launch and through rationalization, with a global or regional footprint.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with partnering functions such as life cycle management, R&D, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Finance, Legal, IP/Trademark as part of life cycle management activity.
- Superior influencing skills that enable the ability to build powerful partnerships with geographically and culturally- diverse regional and country stakeholders and the cross-functional partners detailed above.
- Superior presentation skills, verbal and written, with capability to effectively present content including brand strategies and innovation roadmaps to C-level internal and customer stakeholders, as required.
- Experience successfully navigating the complexities of a global multinational organization with revenues of $1b-plus to achieve business objectives.
- Experience managing and developing the performance of junior marketing personnel to extend influence and develop a pipeline of marketing talent.
- High level of financial literacy, with experience developing/assessing business cases to support product innovation activities. Familiarity with product, business line and company P&Ls.
- Proficiency with office software including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Office-based with some travel to other CVI and offsite meeting locations.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
- There will be extended periods of sitting and using a computer.
- Travel, domestic and international, primarily for company meetings and events, estimated to be approximately 10-15%.
- Minimum of 15 years progressive product and/or brand marketing experience required.
- 10+ years of experience working in global organizations required, with demonstrated success in working with upstream functions such as life cycle management, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Prior B2B2C brand and/or product marketing leadership experience required, preferably overseeing portfolios of $1.0b+ in annual revenues.
- Experience working at a Director level or equivalent required.
- Experience in the vision care category or a similar healthcare B2B2C environment would be an asset.
- Experience managing branded and private label portfolios would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or a related field required; MBA/MS preferred.