This position is the Architecture leader for a business unit or an operational area within the company and is a visible leader both internal and external to Magellan. This role will be included in evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions and help drive Magellan to become a global leader in supporting technology to deliver better outcomes to our members. Must be an
expert in architecture methods and technologies across multiple platforms. Shown ability to shape and drive strategic vision. Excel at inspiring, motivating and creating highly productive teams. Expert at attracting, hiring and developing a strong bench of talent. Possesses a unique combination of highly evolved technical skills as well as the ability to envision a strategy and be creative in order to realize ambitious goals on behalf of the business. Inspire the organization to create world-class solutions. Must be passionate about supporting the business and company vision. Ability to communicate a clear point of view from a
business perspective in strategic discussions with executive leadership.
- Influence changes and system enhancements to business processes, policies, and infrastructure to deliver the most effective IT services.
- Manage the selection, evaluation, contracting and integration of externally available hardware, software, and processes to deliver business solutions.
- Direct and manage, through analysis, the planning, design, development, testing, installation and maintenance of support systems for both internal/external clients.
- Select and build strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring, and other team development techniques, along with regular individual and group meetings.
- Develop tactical and strategic plans to satisfy technical business needs and new business proposals.
- Manage and develop project cost estimates, benefits, justification and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manage projects, staff, customer expectations and business priorities to achieve customer and business unit satisfaction.
- Manage, plan and track all budgets and expenses.
- Oversee vendor relationships and projects.
- Direct and manage business process re-engineering associated with existing, developing and implementation of systems.
- Develops and maintains strong, cooperative relationships with other IT services groups. Shares and establishes best
practices experiences and opportunities throughout the organization.
- Apply Agile development practices in delivery of transformational programs as required.
Hands-on experience in Big Data Components/Frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Scala, Kafka, PyScripts, Unix Shell scripts
Experience with cloud service providers - AWS, Azure, GCP
Experience in architecture and implementation of large and highly complex big data projects
Experience of Hadoop and related technologies (Cloudera, Hortonworks, etc.)
Experience with data integration and streaming tools used for Hadoop (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
Experience in Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big Data
Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure), including readiness, provisioning, security, and governance
Experience or understanding of Data Science and related technologies (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
Experience or understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Applied Statistics
History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering teams
Provide thought leadership for Big Data, Data Lake, and Data Governance
Deep understanding of infrastructure as code and cloud service providers
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
TOGAF - The Open GroupArchitectureFramework - Enterprise
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Experience with Managed Healthcare with an emphasis on Medicaid or Medicare., Knowledgeable in the use and implementation of SDLC methodologies. Demonstrated ability to work and lead staff in a team-oriented or matrixed environment. Extensive experience in working as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups.