The Senior Director – Behavioral Health is responsible for the oversight and operations of multiple TMC Behavioral Health (BH) clinical and /or administrative service areas as assigned. The Senior Director – Behavioral Health is responsible for collaborative work with all Behavioral Health programs and services, project coordination for business initiatives and administrative operations at the senior leadership level. The Senior Director – Behavioral Health will also have responsibility for collaborating and coordinating services and the local and state level of mental health. The Senior Director – Behavioral Health has responsibility for departmental operating budgets as assigned.
- Master’s degree in health related field or closely related degree.
- Three years’ experience in healthcare management
- Successful demonstration of analytical and technical skills in the production and presentation of executive level reports and proposals.
- Ability to think and act strategically for the organization. Considerable ability to function independently, make valid judgments to ensure the integrity of operations and exhibit initiative in the completion of tasks. Considerable skill in facilitating problem solving.
- Strong statistical and financial background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a high degree of professionalism and personal presence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and external to the medical center. Knowledge of and comfort with participatory management approaches which involve clinical department chairs, medical staff, medical center administrators, department heads ( and various levels of management) in addition to external agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Considerable knowledge and skill in using personal computer including spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation graphic software.