S&P Global Ratings, a division of S&P Global, is the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With approximately 7,500 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 21 countries, S&P Global Ratings is an essential part of the world's financialinfrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions.
The U.S. & Canada Financial Services Sov IPF Ratings Practice has an Analytical Manager (AM) opening it is looking to fill as soon as possible. The successful candidate will lead the U.S. & Canada Nonbank Financial Institutions team. The team has about 15 analysts and support staff located in New York, Toronto, and Denver, with additional analytical support team members in India.
In addition to coaching and developing the analysts on his/her team, the AM is responsible for managing the credit ratings process—The AM is charged with leading the efficient and effective production of quality ratings, the publication of high quality and accurate analytical materials, and the coordination of other analytical activities within the group. The AM is responsible for fostering continual improvement, setting and maintaining high standards of performance, and ensuring the quality of the group’s ratings as well as its compliance with all policies, procedures, and guidelines.
The incumbent must provide strong leadership to the analytical staff and exhibit a comprehensive understanding of all major elements of management. Further, the individual must be able to effectively apply this knowledge in dealing with all levels of staff and clients. The AM is not responsible for, or involved in, fee discussions, negotiations, or commercial activities.
The AM will:
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the team's ratings according to the set business procedures and in compliance with relevant analytical criteria and S&P Global’s policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure the effective analytical leadership of the team. Ensure that the team is operating within established parameters, policies, procedures, and guidelines; develop analytical staff resources and provide for staff continuity; and oversee development of relevant analytical policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Supervise the analytical staff of the team and ensure that they are well-trained analysts capable of providing high quality credit analysis and other assigned duties.
- Ensured the highest standards of analytical excellence by establishing rigor, uniformity, and consistency in its analytical processes.
- Maintain the integrity of internal systems that support the rating process, contribute to the development of ratings criteria, and manage outreach activities with investors and intermediaries.
- The AM is responsible for ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to external and internal customers when addressing analytical related questions and other analytical deliverables.
- Develop a culture of service excellence in the team by focusing members on sector expertise, constructive and predictable communication with issuers, analytical continuity and flawless execution.
- Develop analysts and grow employee engagement, focus on career development and develop and implement training in line with dual career path.
- This position requires a seasoned analyst or manager with diverse experience and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with strong company, industry, and market knowledge and experience.
- Strong leadership, consultative, and relationship building abilities, coupled with strong influencing, negotiation, and communication skills required.
- MBA or CFA preferred, but not required, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry including its products, markets, market trends, S&P Global’s traditional and non-traditional competitors (current and potential), present and anticipated future economic trends and their impact on credit ratings and otherfinancial products, and S&P Global’s global business operations and range of products.
- Knowledge of specific sectors followed by the Nonbank Financial Institutions team is not a requirement, but certainly considered a positive.
- This individual must be able to identify, hire, develop, motivate and retain analytical talent.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and good business acumen.
- Must be able to work effectively in team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.