The Senior Director of Regenerative Medicine New Product Planning leads the Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) Marketing Strategy activities.
The incumbent will play a critical role in understanding and integrating the Voice of Stakeholders into our strategic plans. In doing so, provides an integral role collaborating with Head of Operations & Commercialization at IRM in supporting the development and implementation of the business model for the successful commercialization of IRM's s ophthalmology assets. The role will require collaboration with the Global & Regional commercial organizations, as appropriate to the chosen business model, especially for late stage pipeline (FDAP) and peri-launch assets. The Senior Director of Regenerative Medicine New Product Planning is responsible for the development and implementation of the Annual Global Operations Plan.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality global strategies through the VALUE Delivery Team and subsequently GPSTs
- Develop and deliver Region specific input into the global marketing strategy plans
- Keep the Regional management updated on the evolution of the global pipeline, working with the Regions/Countries to build necessary capabilities to successfully commercialize Regenerative Medicine assets, as appropriate to the agreed business model
- Ensure, that resource allocation and activities are aligned with IRM/MS/PPS priorities
- Ensure, that Region/affiliate specific insights are developed, and continuously updated
- Major contributor of understanding Ophthalmology RM therapeutic areas and deliver critical insights
- Request and capture input from the commercial organization, when necessary
- Lead project teams as assigned by AIRM/MS leadership and provide feedback that includes project status, timelines and decision criteria
- Manage budget allocated to RM specific activities
- Contribute to mid-term and long-term regional business planning by providing insights and recommendations on portfolio enhancement, market opportunities and timelines for implementation into the market, as appropriate to the agreed business model.
- Partner with Regional Commercial and MA organization to enhance Region specific insights, as appropriate
- Successfully develop information and materials required to support robust AIRM/ MS Management discussions/decisions for pipeline stage-gate decisions, and in-licensing evaluations
- Contact and collaboration with Executive and VP levels is routine. This role requires high levels of collaboration for success and will require consistent interface with cross-functional colleagues to determine efficacy of plans and develop creative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree. Science degree and / or MBA are preferred
- This level requires 12 plus total years related, relevant experience (global and domestic marketing, market research, forecasting, pipeline planning, etc.) and/or equivalent education.
- This position requires a background in commercial strategy, with specific experience in Cell/Gene Therapy
- Demonstrated ability to manage team of direct reports,
- In-depth marketing skills and consistent past delivery in pipeline or inline marketing areas
- Consistent high-level contributions, leading multiple projects, processes or functions.
- In-depth understanding of multiple, related fields including several disease states/product categories that are targeted by Astellas in Regenerative Medicine including Ophthalmology.
- Experience of MedTech, medical device or medical solution (combination of drug product with device) commercialization
- Recognizes complex situations and uses multiple formal and informal methods to find solutions, including the ability to make independent assessments and decisions.
- Ability to present complex issues to higher-level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions.
- Individuals aspiring to this position should have already achieved the respect of peers across all departments and have developed strong working relationships with higher-level external and internal colleagues.
- Must be willing to travel as the job requires (up to 40%), including international travel
- Experience of cell-based therapy commercialization
- 5-10 years of experience in Biotechnology/New Product Planning with increasing responsibilities.
- Marketing experience leading product launches.
- Broad knowledge of other internal functional operations (MA, Dev, Manufacturing, PV, Supply Chain etc...)