Job ID: GEM20172510-41962
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr Dir, Program Management for our Specialty Products team in our Propulsion Systems Division in Utah.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr Dir, Program Management will be responsible for leading a profit and loss (P&L) segment that includes Illuminating Flares, Small Warheads, Countermeasures, Explosive Manufacturing and Department of Energy Services. In addition to leading the P&L efforts, the Sr Dir, Program Management provides strategic direction for growing content in this segment that manages emerging tactical missile propulsion business demands for DoD.
- Program Execution
- Execute programs successfully by managing safety, quality, schedule, technology and cost (P&L responsibility)
- Continuously drive for results and challenge the status quo
- Company-Customer Interface
- Represent Orbital ATK as a company (bringing the Orbital ATK message to the customer; and integrating knowledge of the spectrum of Orbital ATK capabilities with understanding of customer needs to promote Orbital ATK)
- Service the customer (executing the program and resolving issues in accordance with business objectives, strategy, legal requirements, regulations, contractterms, and company policies)
- Balance the interests of the customer, Orbital ATK, and employees
- Program Team Management
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the program team (to include coaching team members, resolving conflict, reviewing performance, and initiating corrective actions, if necessary)
- Direct the performance of program functions (such as contract, finance, and VSET lead)
- Possess the proven ability to provide verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively
- Set role and performance expectations, and provide ongoing feedback and performance appraisals
- Meet master program plans and schedules (identifying and assessing risks, and initiating necessary corrective action)
- Schedule Management
- Ensure that the programs/projects are on schedule to the program milestones.
- Financial Performance
- Manage Budgets and update monthly performance review for the customer
- Present bi-monthly performance to customers
- Forecast financial performance
- Contract Structure & Pricing
- Manage contract negotiations, endorse final price and contract terms and resolve contract issues
- Technical Performance
- Drive technical excellence (by setting program standards, working closely with technical team, balancing risk, and delivering performance)
- Business Development
- Leverage existing programs to win new business
- Direct proposal preparation (to ensure it meets Orbital ATK business strategy, is compliant, responds to customer needs, and provides a proper base for successful negotiations and program performance)
- Previous relevant experience working as a Sr Program Manager.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience.
- Have proven ability to influence others
- Experience successfully transitioning development programs to production
- Secret Clearance
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Program Execution
- General knowledge of financial systems
- Experience managing discretionary budgets (IRAD, B&P, Marketing, Capital)
- Experience running proposals and delegations
- Have the capacity to understand people issues impacting the business
- Top Secret Clearance
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.