Manages teams involved in maintaining or building parts, command & control outage response, and monitoring and restoration efforts of the system-wide service territory distribution grid. Provides safe and reliable electric service while maintaining compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Orders, and all procedures and safety regulations and other regulatory requirements. Analyze and prioritize outages to determine most efficient restoration needs. Implements safety policies and best practices and manages employee#s accountability. Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Programs.
- Champions effective quality control and regulatory compliance policies and practices. Oversees the strategy development and implementation to ensure compliance with state general order electric utility inspection and maintenance requirements. Ensures the department has plans in place to monitor the quality of completed work, including construction projects, maintenance and the documentation of completed work.
- Collaborates with Senior Vice President and peers to develop and propose annual budgets to cost effectively construct and maintain the electric distribution system. Manages and monitors a large organization annual operating expense budget. Develops financial and staffing plans for each function of the department.
- Direct reports: Regional M&C Directors. Indirect reports: Managers, Supervisors, Specialists, Analysts, Support staff and bargaining unit personnel. Lead staff and large department to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training and development, promotion of safety practices, performance management & coaching, and rewards & recognition.
- Directs continuous improvement for all processes and procedures used for the delivery of electric construction and maintenance, providing employees with essential and useful technical information, tools and equipment.
- Ensures effective work & resource planning and scheduling for the service territory. Partners with the Director, Distribution Operations Support and the Strategic Business Management and Asset Management departments on short and long term work and resource planning strategies. Ensures optimal resources are identified and mobilized to efficiently execute the annual work plan, including internal PG&E and contractor workforces as needed.
- Ensures maintenance, construction and compliance objectives are achieved for the entire electric distribution service territory within budget, on time and within CPUC regulations. Improves electric system reliability and drives customer satisfaction. Coaches and leads departments in developing plans to reduce distribution outage frequency and durations as well as public and employee safety. Ensures completion of reliability improvement projects.
- Ensures plans in are in place to provide timely and well executed emergency response for localized and system-wide electrical events. Supports and leads department participation in periodic emergency drills to maintain an ongoing state of readiness.
- Ensures the department safety programs and improvement plans are well designed and executed. Strives to continuously improve the safety performance of the organization. Ensures thorough, complete and timely root analysis to understand the nature if all incident and accidents and that controls are in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing short and long-term strategies for Electric Maintenance & Construction reliability, execution, safety, and emergency response.
- Regularly travels the service territory, meeting with employees to promote the M&C goals, vision, safety and to share company & industry information and improve employee engagement. Partners with Human Resources in monitoring and exploring strategies to meet engagement and diversity goals.
- Routinely interfaces with Managers, Directors and Officers across lines of business to develop effective working relationships and ensure overall business needs are met. Proactively recommends ideas and alternative solutions to business partners for technical issues and challenges. Proactively solicits feedback and collaborates and influences to develop solutions.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 12 years
- Leadership experience, O&M-Operations and Maintenance
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in emergency response
- Experience in utility operations
- Leadership experience, change management environment
- Leadership experience, large organization