The Sr. Director of Facilities and Engineering directs Security, Engineering, Facilities, Life Safety, and a 4.6 MW Cogneration Plant (CHP). The Senior Director is responsible for assuring that all services are provided in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. The Sr. Director of Facilities and Engineering oversees the implementation of the Facilities Capital Planning Process and maintains programs relating to Sustainability, Security,Safety, Fire Safety, and Utilities.
What you will do:
- Manages operational programs, assuring that buildings are maintained in a safe and operationally effective condition. Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of facility programs; compiles and analyzes operational and productivity data. Identifies innovative alternatives to improve efficiency of operations
- Provide optimal customer relations, operational support, and project and maintenance management for facilities within the corporation and affiliate organizations in a cost-effective manner. Responsible for a planned maintenance program that meets the testing and inspection requirements of The Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, and NFPA that covers the Medical Center’s physical structure, exterior grounds, utility systems, electrical, mechanical, life safety systems, and equipment
- Provides system wide leadership for all aspects of construction, re-models or re-imaging projects, upkeep of all facilities, the installation and maintenance of all equipment and the company’s environmental compliance needs related to all company facilities.
- Provides leadership for the strategic facilities capital planning process with an average annual spend of $70MM
- Provides day to day leadership on the construction and operation of a 4.6 megawatt combined heat and power plant. Develop and implement key performance indicators to track the success of the power plant and monitor the yearly savings generated by the CHP plan
- Perform rounds of all BMC properties as assigned. Assure that all routine and special tasks are being properly performed by staff workers. Act as a liaison between abutting neighbors, Risk Management and Public Affairs.
How You Will Do It:
Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Baystate Health. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity, working toward a goal of “one Baystate Health.” You will lead with purpose and humility, you will dare to be bold, and to learn from others; you will work tirelessly to develop the potential of those on your team. You can articulate how your team’s work improves healthcare delivery in our community– aligning with our mission to improve the health of the people in our communities every day, with quality and compassion
What you will need:
Minimum education of a Bachelor’s Degree; 8-10 years progressive leadership in hospital department and Managment of Facilities with JC Accreditation. 8+ years managing multi-million dollar renovations, new construction, and operations. 8+ years managing teams and their performance across multiple locations.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree, preferred.
Job ID 81370