The Sr. Digital Product Owner, Ecommerce Experience, is responsible for maximizing commerce transactions through digital experiences by articulating technology road map vision, prioritizing a digital capabilities roadmap to achieve the vision and, partnering with both the business and the CIO organization to deliver on the digital experience design. The Product Owner will be consumer-obsessed, comfortable making strong, data-based product decisions, and have a high design and user experience mindset. They will help to simplify the complex, encourage team input, and drive a sense of urgency for impactful business solutions. The Product Owner deeply understands business-side strategic priorities and guides towards best practices and digital experience design to ensure underlying digital capabilities are built to suit Enterprise business need efficiently and with process rigor. They work in an open, collaborative, and approachable manner with the digital product team and digital delivery team in the IT organization to inspire optimal solutions that solve customers’ problems.
- Responsible for building the cross-business ecommerce product digital experience vision and roadmap to achieve Enterprise priorities. In this capacity, the role maintains close relationships with business-side stakeholders at each division to accurately reflect business-side priorities and guide towards maximum value.
- Responsible for informing Enterprise ecommerce strategy with experience design best practices that lead to stronger conversion and, connect the transaction experience through value-chain and multi-brand experiences in a “headless” design that drives towards transaction at multiple points along the consumer journey.
- Actively plans and prioritizes the product feature backlog according to business value and clearly articulates priorities for the product team. Working with the IT digital delivery leader, balances the need to address technical debt and supports technical innovation in addition to adding product features.
- Works closely with Mercury Marine ecommerce leadership to define global product features according to the digital experience vision, roadmap and strategy.
- In coordination with the IT digital delivery leader, leads the planning of digital capability releases and sets expectations for delivery of new features with stakeholders. Collaborates with stakeholders regarding the correction of defects.
- Writes detailed user stories and acceptance criteria at a pace to ensure the product team always has an adequate number of prepared stories to work on. Works closely with IT digital delivery leader to ensure stories in the upcoming sprint are fully understood and stories in future sprints are well groomed & estimated.
- Guide (internal or external) customer research to gain "voice of the customer” insight and leverage the learnings in digital experience design to understand customers' goals, and how they would gain value from product capabilities.
- Actively participates in Agile ceremonies to provide immediate answers and direction to the product team based on domain expertise. Always represents the voice of the customer within the team.
- Facilitates sprint planning and backlog refinement in partnership with the digital delivery organization.
- engages with the product team to guide priorities, refine features, define functional requirements, and help address blockers impacting successful team completion of sprint goals.
- Ensures the cross-functional teams understands items in the product backlog to the level needed for them to estimate and commit to work during sprint planning.
- Works in close collaboration with business stakeholders to understand their expectations and helps the team understand how to set up for successful user acceptance testing.
- Coordinates the sprint review with relevant stakeholders, faithfully communicates in the language of the business, and writes new user stories as needed based on customer feedback.
- Works in close cooperation with the team during retrospectives, with a view to identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinates with multiple parties (product team, vendors, strategic partners, engineering managers, business partners, etc.) to meet the customer’s priorities while being aware of the insights, needs and constraints of those stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to make frequent and dynamic prioritization decisions based on the latest product analytics, product team metrics and customer feedback. Define, track and communicate key product performance indicators as required to inform this process, and track business results.
- Collaborates with other Product Owners as needed to align on release plans and ensure backlogs are in alignment with the overall organizational strategy. Owns the outward communication of product progress and value to stakeholders.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in digital product development and product owner responsibilities, with a focus on B2C and/or B2B ecommerce strategy and on-line shopping experiences.
- Ability to identify each step of the consumer purchase journey and translate that into a frictionless on-line experience.
- Exposure to multiple solutions or implementations of lead management systems, quote-to-cash technologies, and financial reservation systems will be a differentiator.
- Minimum 5+ years working in ecommerce, digital marketing, with experience in web management/CMS applications, and UX/UI development.
- Client-facing experience and stakeholder management.
- BA or BS degree required, or relevant years of experience.
- Domain knowledge around consumer and dealer operational processes, transactional platforms, and digital services.
- Experience in cultivating consumer insights, aligning these to enterprise strategy, and garnishing internal stakeholder support to drive business results.
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into requirements and define those in a written format that allows the development teams to align behind the product vision.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, relationship-building and collaboration skills at all levels.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience as a change agent at multiple levels of an organization; agency experience preferred
- Agile Experience.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager, Magento, and Oracle CPQ is a plus.
- Experience with CRM system integrations, customer data management, login and profile system integration and security. Experience with Salesforce (SFDC) and Microsoft Azure B2C a plus.
This position emphasizes an entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration, not authority. People with these qualities are also often good candidates for an executive career track, especially in organizations with a collaborative culture. The list of key behaviors and competencies below will need to be refined to one that works in your environment, reflecting your priorities and culture.
- Customer focused. Should always be thinking about our dealers/consumers and what will enhance their experience, while being mindful of business goals
- Data driven. Should enjoy deriving insights from data to prioritize ideas and optimize features
- Technically savvy. Must demonstrate the ability to understand and discuss technical concepts with engineering teams to develop new features and products
- Process-oriented. Able to estimate the impact of a new feature on internal and external users and business processes
- Strong project management. Must be organized and have demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and lead teams to meet project timelines. Experience working on Agile/SCRUM development teams
- Collaborator. You enjoy working with others and taking the initiative to drive progress
- Communicator. Comfortable communicating strategy, developing clear requirements, and presenting results