About the Digital Team
Come and join the Digital Team as we work to transform Thomson Reuters into a truly Digital company. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are transforming and re-imagining our business, by focusing on the individual user. We are looking for curious, smart, self-driven Product, UX, UI, and Research professionals who love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design, and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making it easy to do business with Thomson Reuters.
About the Role
- We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can help us shape the future in our digital transformation. We want a leader with a passion to innovate, an entrepreneur who likes working backward from the customer and tackling complex ambiguous problems.
- Through your work in the Enterprise Digital Office, you’ll ensure customers find the products and services to meet their needs, and seamlessly try, buy, or renew to help our customers realize their goals.
- As a Senior Product Manager, you will develop a comprehensive and bold product vision, strategy, roadmap, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your product. You will leverage the knowledge of your product, as well as customer feedback and analytics to prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product.
- You will be the “voice of the product” to key stakeholders to ensure their needs are met and the product development team is getting the direction and support it needs to be successful. You will develop and actively maintain a product roadmap and backlog outlining the customer themes, epics, and stories while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for customers and stakeholders. You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance.
- At the end of the day, we’re looking for individuals who will enable Thomson Reuters to think big, make it simple, and move fast.
- Partner with key product teams to accelerate the digital go to market experience within products, including things like in product discovery, personalized trials, purchase, and proactive customer support.
- Drive the E2E journey for go to market within the product experience, connected to the Digital tools and capabilities. identifying the moments of truth, prioritizing where to focus in service to optimizing customer and business outcomes
- Develop personalized experiences for target segments, leveraging experiments to identify the right message for the right customer to optimize conversion
- Develop and optimize in product onboarding experience, including 1st use, discovery the best functionality for their needs, in service to long term retention
- Create the ability to recommend the next best features or products for customers and purchase in product
- Partner with Customer Success team to integrate access to customer support in product and evolve to proactive experiences that help answer customers questions before they need to reach out
- Relentlessly focus on data driven decisions, using data to understand performance of digital product capabilities, cohort performance, AB testing, etc.
- Partner with a number of key functions to deliver great customer experiences – marketing, digital, product, tech, data, among others
- 5+ years of experience working as a product manager of a B2B or B2C digital platform shipping multiple products and features
- You’ve honed your product development playbook that includes leading with customer-driven innovation backed by qualitative and quantitative data
- 3+ years in Agile (Scrum preferred) environment, with a proven understanding of the development life cycle, including but not limited to requirements definition, user experience, development practices, testing, and deployment
- Proven ability to take initiative within a matrix organization to build strong, productive relationships based on excellent communication and A+ interpersonal skills
- History of partnering and collaborating with architects and engineers in writing clear user stories
- Demonstrated ability to achieve bold strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment and able to flex between multiple workstreams
- Demonstrated ability to develop an inspiring product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Able to apply knowledge of how a product is designed, built, deployed, and maintained in an enterprise environment; you transparently manage risk by collaborating with the team, keeping stakeholders informed, and unpack your principles and approach
- Experience with technology and, ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams (bonus points for having software engineering or data analytics in your background)
- Track record of delivering high-impact iterative products that solve big customer problems, delivered on time and on budget
- Ability to articulate clear and concise specifications for new products and new features with a strong affinity towards the developer community. Understands at a high level the landscape of tools and technologies that developers use to bring products to market
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate and evangelize a strategy at every level of the organization
- Ability to prioritize new feature launches based on competitive analysis, industry trends, emerging technologies, and company vision.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles with large teams to achieve a common goal
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional team(s) without formal authority. Familiarity with financial concepts and financial/budget management
- This position can be located in one of the following locations: Minneapolis, Dallas or Toronto
What’s in it For You:
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series, etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
- Flexibility: We've been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
- Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier