The Aerospace Corporation’s Digital Communications Implementation Department uses software define radio and FPGA technology to design digital transceivers. We conduct our own research and development and in this position you can have the opportunity to innovate in algorithm design. Join us on the leading edge of digital communications development.
Works independently with both internal and external customers and with technical support, as a technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or project leader. May lead or organize technical efforts or project teams. Interfaces between customers and Aerospace technical and management staff. May mentor less experienced Members of Technical Staff and serve as role model.
- Position requires the selected candidate to fully design digital communication transceivers using platforms including software defined radios and FPGAs.
- Candidate will also conduct specialized technical studies, lead internal research and development efforts.
- Candidate should be able to provide technical advice to management and customers and be eager to explore modern techniques an unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with a MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in prototyping of digital communication systems and/or algorithms.
- A theoretical understanding and practical experience with modern communication and digital signal processing techniques.
- Hands on experience implementing communication algorithms using embedded software, multi-threaded programming, DSP, FPGA, SDRs.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python and MATLAB.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Ph.D degree in the area of digital communications, information theory or signal processing.
- Familiarity with designing software defined radio receivers and GNURadio.
- Experience with working with Linux, and development on a Linux platform.
- Experience with embedded development and/or familiarity with ARM processors.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 33501