Sr. DevOps / Release Engineering Architect
Full Time position
We are looking for consultant who has strong release engineering experience with CI/CD tools. Ideally containers knowledge should be there also.
- Strong knowledge in traditional release engineering / build engineering practices
- Strong experience in container technologies (OpenShift, Docker, K8)
- Strong experience with Citi tools (Jira, TeamCity, Sonar, etc)
Project Overview –
- The client is going thru a digital transformation – and looking to adopt modern product engineering practices and supporting platform / DevOps capabilities to accelerate their time to market, build scalable and resilient systems, and apply advanced site reliability practices. This is a long term engagement – and requires all leaders to have hands-on experience and willing to get into the code. Expectation is the resource should be onsite 5 days a week.
The role for the candidate will be a Sr. DevOps / Release Engineering Architect who will be responsible for playing a dual role –
- Support existing BAU business line Release Engineering activities with regards to setting up and debugging - build jobs (TeamCity, Jenkins), deploy jobs (UDeploy), Environments Setup (App Deploy, Middleware, Database Setup, Network Issues), shell scripting / maven scripts, and supporting the engineering teams with build / deploy issues.
- Take the lead on DevOps related activities related to architecture, design and implementation – working with a few members in India to build out the new CI/CD framework leveraging tool chain (Jira, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Jenkins, Docker / K8, OpenShift, Ansible). As engineering teams rewrite the monolith application into microservices design patterns; need to lead the engagement in defining the proper build, package, publish, and deploy models to support modern continuous integration and continuous delivery frameworks.
- Strong development, devops and system engineering (OS, MW, DB) experience and expertise in helping organizations shift to micro-services and containers
- Ability to self manage, lead architecture and design sessions, and be a hands-on leader who will roll up his/her sleeves and lead the implementation
- Solid understanding of containers, registry, orchestration, secret management, Kubernetes and Openshift
- Well spoken – can lead organizational changes thru influence and credibility. We need someone who is willing to learn new technologies and practices; while being able to leverage their existing release engineering / problem solving capabilities
- Need to be available to work early hours, late hours to engage with stakeholders in remote locations