This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Are you passionate about technology? When you hear words like Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka and auto-scaling does your heart go aflutter? Then this opportunity is right up your alley! The Cloud Infrastructure and Operations team plays a critical role in enabling Spireon to provide customers with our world class technology offerings. They are the glue that binds the Spireon products together. This role will focus on support of Spireon’s production environments, DevOps automation and CI/CD development.
- As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of Spireon software products which are hosted in collocated facilities and cloud services such as AWS.
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing Spireon platforms.
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
- Assist in coaching application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the micro-services paradigm.
- Foster collaboration with software product development and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
- Support and troubleshoot product and infrastructure issues in production environments.
- Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of Spireon continuous integration environments.
- 5+ years’ experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering degree
- Strong Linux background
- 2 years + experience with Kubernetes in a production environment and Docker is a must
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools such as Jenkins, Harness, and artifact repositories like Nexus
- Strong experience with multiple provisioning, deployment, cloud computing tools like Datadog, NewRelic,CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with Elasticsearch and other data analytics tools
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure and services like AWS and related APIs
- Strong experience with config/provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Strong understanding of multiple source control systems such as GitHub
- Experience working in an Agile environment