We are looking for a DevOps engineer who is passionate about automation and process improvement. Schwab Technology Services supports a suite of applications used by customers and employees. We are looking for a DevOps engineer to support a wide range of technologies & processes from build and deployment, production monitoring and DevOps advocacy. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience in a comparable position, demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise.
What you're good at
- Work with Build/Run teams to review current practices and make recommendations on adopting Continuous Delivery best practices. The individual will be expected to assist Build/Run teams in establishing or enhancing their build, deploy, configuration management, and release engineering related activities.
- The individual is also expected to contribute to Schwab's journey to mature our Continuous Delivery processes by establishing automated processes, streamlining build and deploy methodology, and improving our software development practices.
- Assist in analyzing application configuration management issues in production and test (non-production) environments. Develop and maintain configuration and release scripts. Provide release planning services and installation script development for new applications where necessary.
- Develop automated build jobs using continuous integration platforms such as Bamboo.
- Develop/improve automated deployment jobs using common scripting languages.
- Develop/improve and deploy source code branching methodologies and associated automation.
- Develop/improve release process improvements and update release standards documentation.
- Peer review change tickets to ensure accuracy of application change activities and mitigate risk.
- Complete assigned tasks by working with individuals and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Actively participating in mentoring junior team members (Associate Level).
- Work with Team Leads across the organization (Sr. Staff level) to design and implement process improvement in our Build and Deploy space.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Excellent judgement and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Strong ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Broad knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years or more in depth of Build, Deploy, Configuration, and Release Management discipline and processes.
- Work well in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Experience with both Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work independently but at the same time develop junior team members
- Experience in leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills that focus on influence and accountability, prioritization, negotiation, facilitation, time management and issue resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and the business Experience with implementing best practices in Continuous Delivery
- Strong, attentive listening skills with the ability and experience in leading meetings
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver; facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Must be self-motivated, as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions