Be instrumental in building of our AWS based cloud operations for two SaaS products with a special focus on data at scale, performance and resiliency. You'll be crafting unique approaches to solving difficult problems, contribute in the continuous improvement of our engineering practices, building infrastructure as code, in a resilient and replicable manner. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a growing, success-driven team.
- Re-build one application AWS setup with Infrastructure as code without having to put fires while doing so
- Build the AWS operation for a new application pretty much from scratch
- Automate and autoscale infrastructure so that none of us ever get a page
- Implement a secure approach to our operations
- Expertly lead a team of application engineers through their devops journey
- Become an active participant in the security, cloud and product roadmap conversations
- A passionate engineer who lives and breathes AWS cloud, infrastructure as code, CI/CD, applications at scale.
- 3+ years of work experience building, loving and caring for AWS cloud operations in a SaaS context
- Great experience with many AWS products including but not limited to RDS, DynamoDB, EC2,
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code with Terraform or Cloudformation, software provisioning with Ansible, Chef or Puppet. Experience building and deploying containers with Kubernetes or the strong desire to immediately obtain significant experience
- Able to geek out on monitoring, instrumentation, observability with a detective mindset
- A security focused mind with experience securing SaaS application and APIs in the public cloud