Envision working in a fast paced and collaboratively dispersed development team, using your knowledge and skills to eliminate waste, streamline processes, and improve rapid response and reliability through automation and data correlation.
We are currently seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer who is highly collaborative, has strong critical thinking skills, embraces change, and takes ownership of their work.
A main responsibility of this role will be to help our internal Koch company customers articulate business outcomes and rapidly translate those outcomes in to functioning technical solutions.
If finding better, faster, and more optimized ways of providing core capabilities across our Koch enterprise excites you, consider our open role!
This position is flexible on location; however, our preference is Dallas, Chicago, Kansas City, Reno, Wichita, or Atlanta.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Design and build tools, solutions and frameworks that support deploying and managing Koch platforms on premise and in the cloud
- Standardize and automate tools and solutions in a hybrid cloud environment
- Draft and recommend best practices, solutions, compliance management, and introduce new technologies
- Develop, enhance and extend monitoring, alerting, and logging systems
- Develop, enhance and support configuration management solutions
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of technical experience in DevOps, system administration or technical operations
- 3+ years designing and developing automation and other IT Process Automation capabilities
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Logicmonitor, PagerDuty, SolarWinds, Splunk, Sumo Logic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace
- Experience with proficiency in PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, PowerShell or similar
- Experience in AWS, Azure or GCP cloud IaaS/PaaS engineering/delivery
- High school diploma or GED
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Understanding and proven application of Agile project methodology
- Serverless application using AWS lambda, Google Cloud functions or similar
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, ECS or AKS
- Ability to identify and propose innovation opportunities and articulate their business value.