Sr. DevOps Engineer
Green Dot Corporation, along with its wholly owned subsidiary bank, Green Dot Bank, is a pro-consumer financial technology innovator with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. Green Dot invented the prepaid debit card industry and is the largest provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services in the United States. Green Dot is also a leader in mobile technology and mobilebanking with its award-winning GoBank mobile checking account. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, TPG, Green Dot is additionally the largest processor of tax refund disbursements in the U.S. Green Dot's products and services are available to consumers through a large-scale "branchless bank" distributionnetwork of more than 100,000 U.S. locations, including retailers, neighborhood financial service center locations, and tax preparation offices, as well as online, in the leading app stores and through leading online tax preparation providers. Green Dot Corporation is headquartered in Pasadena, Calif., with additional facilities throughout the United States and in Shanghai, China.
Senior System Engineer (Senior DevOps)
Green Dot’s Technology Operations department is responsible for developing and enhancing infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Systems Engineering, the Sr. System Engineer (Senior DevOps) will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Windows Server infrastructure. As a senior member of the team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
The ideal candidate will also provide systems/application administration and support for a broad array of internally developed and 3rd party products. Perform systems and application support that consists of production support, software/application configuration management, installing software upgrades and patches, and deploying middleware applications. The Sr. System Engineer will work with all of the IT development and QA teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the infrastructure that supports the company's IT data integrations initiatives.
- Provide development support to streamline infrastructure/systems engineering duties.
- Provide support and guidance of infrastructure as code in private and public cloud environments.
- Provide Systems Engineering support of production and non-production environments for GreenDot and its subsidiaries.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms.
- Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, automation etc.
- Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols.
- Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support (rotation-based / full week support).
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Other duties as assign
A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong scripting abilities in one or all of the following languages: Bash, Powershell, c#, perl, java, etc.
- Working knowledge of software deployment and configuration tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible (vRA and terraform desired but not required)
- Working knowledge of web and application server architecture
- 5+ years of managing an enterprise Windows Server environment (Prefer)
- Experience with is highly Prefer:
- Microsoft suite of applications, including clustering (2008/2012), IIS, MS SQL, Active Directory, MS Terminal Services, MS System Center, WSUS, VMware, F5 or equivalent enterprise load balancing technologies
- Server Hardware, both stand alone and blade systems
- Virtualization technologies with VMware vSphere 4/5 and Hyper-V, or Citrix
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues quickly and efficiently, including identification of bottlenecks, performance tuning, etc.
- Self starter with the ability to take ownership and drive projects and issues resolutions to completion
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- Strong interpersonal skills
Additional Skills Desired
- Experience with IBM MQ
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- Experience with Ncache and equivalent caching technologies
- Experience with SPLUNK
- Experience with AppDynamics
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.