At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
As a DevOps Engineer you will actively develop the processes and automation required to scale various solutions and platforms. DevOps engineers will collaborate with software engineers, operations, security and other team members for the development and delivery of software releases. They merge and remove barriers between software development, testing and operations teams with a strong focus on network and infrastructure stability.
| DevOps engineer are adept at solving complex technical problems that span multiple areas combining software and systems; excel in automation scripting, infrastructure orchestration, release management/configuration management and continuous integration – engineers who consider innovation as a major part of their deliverables. You should be able to identify operational patterns and issues and creatively automate solutions working with different internal engineering teams, business stakeholders, and understanding external requirements to create impactful, scalable and resilient solutions. Implement and manage CI/CD tools and monitor metrics to develop new ways to improve.
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIESApply DevOps methodologies by creating a more connected IT ops and development processes to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which digital solutions are delivered.
- Provide DevOps mentoring and thought leadership (within advisory and delivery) by focusing on the requirements of our stakeholders and identifying how they would be best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach. Participates in strategic project planning meetings for insight on risk, cost vs. benefit, impact.
- Architect a project and / or the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application and infrastructure services from development through to production
- Assist with the release process and develop tooling to automate repeated tasks. Accelerates deployments with continuous integration/delivery, continuous monitoring and configuration management tools.
- Evaluate new technologies and integrate those that will add value and drive operational efficiency
- Lead a small team of contractor and employees under the direction of a manager
- Maintain deep knowledge of technology and its application across our business areas or for our customers
- Promote knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications within IT and Exelon
- Participate in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems through the application of DevOps principles and automations
- Shape and advance core team processes to increase operational efficiency and quality.
- Coach and lead other engineers assigned to their product or project team.
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSBachelor’s degree in (Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field) and 5 - 8 years related experience in technical specialty or 9 - 12 years equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated technical skills relevant to position
- Knowledge of business practices and processes relevant to role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSMaster’s Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with Azure and Azure DevOps. Our DevOps platform for our mobile and web applications are built and run on Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools
- In-depth knowledge of Azure continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines using YAML
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage teams