Abbott is looking for DevOps Engineers to help automate platform/application builds. As a DevOps engineer, you’ll be responsible for managing our software and cloud based infrastructure. We are looking for someone to write the code that automatically deploys software, configures them properly and monitors them 24/7. The perfect candidate has a passion for all things tech .. and a keen ability to get software to do what you want.
We’re looking for loads of aptitude, love for machines, and demonstrable interest with both past and present roles. This is an extremely hands-on and engaging role with lots of responsibility, interesting challenges, and exposure to cutting edge tech.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing IT DevOps team and to mentor junior IT DevOps Engineers.
- Provision, operate and maintain systems running on AWS
- Research and document best practices, engineering standards and required SLC deliverables
- Specific focus on DevOps support of Big Data initiatives
- Focus on performance and load testing and Reliabilityengineering/monitoring
DevOps Engineer should possess the following qualities in order to have a flourishing career:
- Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment and providing oversight for quality control
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.
- Provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Architect and design web based applications on Cloud Amazon AWS.
- Experience with one or more scriptinglanguage such as Ruby, Python, Bash or Perl
- Used, programmed against AWS/ Google Cloud/ OpenStack/ Private Hosted environments
- Experience administering/configuring RHEL Servers
- Ability to set up webservers, run virtual machines
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive, Amazon EMR.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source automation tools for provisioning infrastructure (Terraform) and configuration management (Chef, Puppet)
- Ability to code and script in support of infrastructure management
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark and Elasticsearch
- Experience with build frameworks and technologies such as ANT, MAVEN, Nexus and Artifactory.
- Manage upgrades
- Experience in administration and configuration of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS for different regions. Ability to design high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions.
- Experience administering AWS services and features such as Security Groups, EC2, RDS, ELB, Route53, and S3.
- Knowledge & experience of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS Knowledge of configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewalls and VPN tunnels
- Experience in understanding network file systems, FTP, SSL and SNMP in the context of configuration and build activities
- Working experience of writing Database queries in MySQL, ORACLE, SQL SERVER, DB2 platform using tools like TOAD