Sr. DevOps Engineer
Summary of the role
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will lead projects focused on designing & implementing cloud-based solutions to advance our platforms & services that are core components in delivering amazing experiences for Pokémon fans around the world!
What You Will Do
- Lead the design & implementation of complex AWS-based infrastructure & services.
- Build infrastructure to support AWS-based Cloud services and infrastructure.
- Partner with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient online services.
- Develop internal platforms & services to enable expediency & self-service for our development teams.
- Manage all infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring systems & services are leveraging best practices & standards.
- Train & mentor other engineers to expand their expertise and improve the capabilities of the team.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
What You Will Bring
- 3-5+ years building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (EC2, ELB, ECS, VPC, IAM, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, etc.).
- 2+ years deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform and Docker.
- Experience with pipeline tools such as Perforce, Bitbucket, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Possess an industrious mentality, accountability and strong verbal/written communication, documentation, and collaboration skills.
- Excited to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment to develop and enhance amazing platforms and services.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the "how" is as important as the "what" and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You're able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You're adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.