At Marqeta we build and manage world-class colocation data centers and use the cloud wherever it makes sense. Security is paramount, and you will find it’s a part of everything you do at Marqeta. As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be working with our team to build, scale, automate, and manage our hybrid infrastructure.
- Provide technical direction on AWS cloud infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with our platform, payment and QE engineers to design, implement, deploy and maintain cloud native micro-services using Lambda, batch, containers, SNS, DynmoDB
- Build out scalable and HA/DR ready core payments platform in AWS cloud infrastructure
- Create automated reporting and trending on mission critical system and application availability.
- Support big data platform on AWS (data insights visualization and analytics)
- Integrate key infrastructure building blocks such as DNS, LDAP, NFS/SAN, & Mail.
- Provide off-hours on-callsupport for NOC escalations.
- Active role in NightOps operation for mission critical changes.
- Is outgoing, gets it done, is autonomous, is an adult, manages their own time.
- Has in-depth hands-on experience with AWS technologies such as IAM, VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, AURORA, LAMBDA, SNS, SES, AUTOSCALE. KMS, REDSHIFT, PEERING, DX, BATCH, ECR etc
- Has worked extensively with build and provisioning tool such as packer, terraform
- Passionate about automation and infrastructure as code by using ansible
- Has professional experience with monitoring systems like datadog, pingdom, new Relic
- Has experience with a programming (scripting) language like Shell, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Understand the essence of Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong desire to support and facilitate explosive business and technical growth
- Has experience building, configuring and diagnosing issues with DNS, LDAP, NFS/NIS+, HTTP, SSL and Mail.
- Has a working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking including security.
Bonus Points for:
- Experinece with DevOps tools like vagrant, consul, vault, K8s.
- Experience configuring Cisco or Juniper networking gear.
- Experience with Netapp network storage.
- Experience with Load balancing and High Availability architecture (Netscaler, F5, etc).
- Experience with Java applications and technologies on Linux.
- Experience with Ruby/Rails and Node.js application management and deployment.
- Enterprise with Highly Available RDBMSarchitectures such as MySQL and Postgres.
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!