Seeking a motivated DevOps Engineer to create tools and automation solutions to support our engineering teams. This vital and crucial role encompasses both new development and operational problem resolution for high volume, highly scale-able systems that must have high system up-time. The Agile DevOps Engineer will work with other talented engineers to leverage exciting new technologies in solving a variety of complex challenges in an effort to drive more efficiency into the service delivery process.
- Help to provision and monitor our various server build and decomission processes.
- Provide systems engineering support to the Development Teams and promote the DevOps values and principles within all supported groups
- Develops automation and tooling to streamline deployment and operations procedures
- Provides the tool expertise and more importantly the support for the various software development release tools. For example, Jenkins for release management, Mulesoft ESB for orchestration, AWS and Azure technologies are a huge plus and management of virtualization environments
- Provides systems engineering support for QA teams near-production test environments
- Be a highly collaborative and proactive communicator that can work in a highly complex enterprise environment
Experience And Knowledge
- Minimum 2 years of Strong Linux/Unix or Windows Administration experience; considered proficient in this area
- Proven, working experience and knowledge in various Build/Package/Deploy solutions using CI tools like Jenkins
- Experience administering repository services like Github or Stash/ BitBucket for an Agile development methodology
- Configuration management experience using solutions like: Ansible , Puppet, or Chef
- Working experience with cloud solutions like Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS Cloud is a huge plus, other similar solution experience will be considered like OpenStack.
- Proven ability to support and manage SQL and NoSQL databases for the engineering environments
- Experience with IT networking extremely valuable
- Minimum 1 year working in a DevOps environment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
- System and/or IT Administration certifications and training programs relating to this position considered a plus