We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for designing and maintaining a continuous integration (CI) pipeline for build servers and cloud-based web applications. She or he will be a member of the Applied Research group at Abiomed helping to serve data-driven platforms to a number of other internal business units. Initially, she or he will be responsible for designing systems which she or he will be responsible for monitoring logs and debugging issues with globally deployed and distributed systems. The Sr. DevOps engineer will maintain, troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments for on-premises and cloud deployments; this will deliver high-quality, data-driven platforms to help us make better decisions to improve patient care, recover hearts, and save lives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for on-premises build servers.
- Design, develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for cloud-based web applications, AI and ML services.
- Manage automatic deployment and configuration of cloud of infrastructure
- Automate and optimize multi-stage pipelines for various stages of software development lifecycle processes (development, unit testing, integration testing, static/dynamic code analysis and deployment).
- Document, track, and resolve defects identified in testing by working closely with developers.
- Maintain SW/HW tools and live Dashboards used for research, development and verification.
- Maintain secure environment for build and deployment services.
- Maintain relational and non-relational database services.
- Maintain enhancements and upgrades to the DevOps platform.
- Maintain and document validated state for production pipelines.
- Maintain systems for 24/7 continuous availability and disaster recovery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of DevOps experience with:
- Designing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines. (Jenkins and GitLab preferred)
- Software configuration management
- Automated deployment and monitoring tools
- Cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
- Backend databases (MS SQL/BLOB storage preferred)
- Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of CI/CD design patterns and principles
- Demonstrate general ability to program (Python and Bash preferred)
- Experience working with teams that follow Agile development processes
- Experiece with "Insfrastructure As Code" concepts and toolsets
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field