Wondering what's within Beckman Coulter? Take a closer look.
Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. At Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, we're building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. At first glance, you'll see we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and health care forward for more than 80 years. Look again and you'll see we are invested in you and you'll have the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful. You'll find the Danaher Business System, which makes everything possible. You'll also see a company that investors trust-our culture of continuous improvement has helped us outperform the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the past 25 years.
And no matter where you look at Beckman Coulter, at the heart of what we do, you'll witness our shared purpose-helping realize life's potential-in action. Our work helps improve millions of lives.
We hope you'll see yourself here, too.What you find at Beckman Coulter -and within yourself - might just change the world!
Beckman Coulter Corporation is currently seeking a scientist to join the Reagent Chemistry group of Immunoassay R&D at Chaska, this exciting role will support Covid antibody development and other New Product Development projects! The successful candidate will develop & characterize key reagents for immunoassays and will benefit from hands on experience with common bioconjugation and solid phase coating procedures. If you have confirmed experience in chemistry, biochemistry, immunochemistry, immunology, or cell biology and knowledge of immunoassay chemistry and development, we'd love for you to read on!In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
The essential qualifications of this role include:
- Develop new product designs, processes, new product scale-up, design/product optimization, technology transfer and process/product verification and validation activities
- Independentlydesign,execute,and analyzesimple to moderately complex experimental work as well as present conclusions
- Use expertise to improve technical rigor of theReagent/IA R&D.
- Provide technical leadership within department.
- Develop production procedures and process/product specifications in collaboration with diverse groups within R&D.
- Execute in-laboratory test protocols
- Performs and summarizes experiments independently; participates in identifying technical issues and recommending resolution.
- May develop and track project plans.
- Share knowledge and/or train other team members as needed.
- Identifies and resolves technical and non-technical issues.
- Maintains well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures. Align with regulatory guidelines and Beckman Coulter Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Operate within project schedule to ensure timely transmission of data to project teams.
- Interact with assay developers, collaborators and contract organizations, as needed to ensure successful reagent/assay/process development and transfer to production.
- B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry or related scientific field with 5+ years of relevant technical experience; M.S. with 3+ years of relevant experience; PhD with 0-2 years of experience
- Hands-on experience in any of the following fields is helpful: immunoreagent development, antibody development, immunoassay development and evaluation, immunoassay validation.
- Meaningful experience in clinical and diagnostic business with knowledge of immunoassay development is highly desired.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation, system software, Microsoft applications, and laboratory statistics is essential.
- Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports
- Technical know-how and understanding of analytical method development and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, analyze and draw conclusions from scientific experiments
- Ability to document work per ISO9000/FDA regulation; including materials, methods, and conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting and able to interact effectively at all levels and across different cultures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Organization capabilities with attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and maintain timelines for multiple projects
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.We offer our valued associates:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.