Sr. Development Manager-TS/SCI
Perm Hire--Reston, VA
EnvoyIT is conducting a candidate search for an experienced Software Development Manager to help our client grow their services and to improve and innovate on the cloud platform. We are looking for a strong leader to manage a regional development team. As a part of your role, your team will build and manage core platform services team and collaborate with other engineers and managers across various components and geographies. As a leader, you would participate in design and architecture and pay attention to developing high quality, highly available and scalable software with a sharp focus on operational aspects of running your services. Ability to obtain/maintain U.S. Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI (with polygraph) level.
- Lead development efforts cloud control plane area. This area has numerous components that includes highly available customer facing APIs performing operations like allocations and service healing.
- Lead team that obsesses about customer experience and operational excellence and collaborates across teams and geographies and keep raising the bar.
- Analyze real-time metrics and engage with customers to provide insights towards demand shaping and future growth.
- Organize and participate in an on-call rotation to efficiently manage operations.
- 7+ years of technical experience including hands-on software development, preferably on large scale software systems
- 3+ years of hands on experience working on C, C++, C# or Java
- 3+ years of management experience managing a high performing development team
- Proven ability to create a vision and build teams from scratch and create the right culture
- Strong collaboration skills with the knack of seeing through the clutter.
- Demonstrate customer empathy and focus while solving day today problems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Ability to meet company, customer and/or government security screening requirements is required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- This position will be required to pass an initial company background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain/maintain U.S. Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI (with polygraph) level.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to