Sr. Development Manager, IndustrialJob Description Summary
Cushman & Wakefield seeks a Sr. Development Manager for oversight of several industrial developments across US. The Sr. Development Manager will provide daily management of all project activities from team organization, planning, public approvals, design, construction, commissioning and occupancy. Specific areas of responsibility will include project documentation and reporting, project budget/schedule development and tracking, project team assembly and management, project issues/conflict resolution, risk management and interaction and relationship maintenance with client staff.
The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in industrial build-to-suit development, organized, attentive to detail and have demonstrated a high level of performance in managing project budgets, schedules, multiple team members and project stakeholders. The qualified individual must be able to operate in a deadline-sensitive environment and must also possess excellent financial skills and knowledge of the development process, and ground up construction.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the strategic objectives through application of advanced knowledge, skills and expertise
- Contribute to business development through identification of project or client opportunities
- Responsibility for performance of people and resources
- Demonstrates competence in broad range of varied work activities and operates in complex / non routine environment
- Oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction
- Act with fiduciary responsibility to client projects, including complete financial management of project: establish and manage project budgets, maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis, prepare anticipated cost reports and any other reports as required by the client
- Provide construction cost/benefit analysis as required
- Management of due diligence, programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, procurement, design team selection, schedule creation/management, contractor selection, vendor selection, sustainability and post construction services
- Oversee capital improvement programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local/account-based resources
- Negotiate contracts with selected vendor(s)
- Extensive interface with client staff, property owners, local project managers and vendors
- Provides leadership and stewardship to client relationships and proactive internal communicate to service line leadership to ensure visibility to potential client requirements and concerns in both current and future engagements
- Performance management of all contracted vendors, consultants, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) with Market Lead
- Lead relationship manager for a single client, or serves as a key resource to multiple client teams demonstrating acumen and integrity. Maintain relationships with key contractors or vendors.
- Provide an appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure proper performance criteria are being met
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Contributes through the overall implementation of strategic direction in the Service Line.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in the development and completion of various project types.
- Provides overall leadership responsibility for people, resources, planning and budgeting within local market, account or sub-region.
- Acts as the trusted business advisor and strategic partner by the clients both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field, Master's Degree Preferred
- 15+ years' experience of industrial build-to-suit development
- Certification Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
- Experience in client relations, client management and consulting
- Design proficiency with knowledge about the entitlements processes
- Excellent project documentation skills
- Experienced in creating and updating budgets and schedules
- Able to lead a project meeting and has great communication skills
- Complex Problem Solving, Functional and Business Strategy
- Leads Project Teams
- Operates across multiple service lines and/or regions
- Leadership/ Management Ability
- Financial Accountability
- Business Development
- Well-rounded knowledge of various product types
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.