In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Sr. Development Engineer ( Extrusion) in our Image Guided Therapy Business your will have the opportunity to build balloon catheter based Combination Products that save lives. This includes performing a variety of repetitive and non-repetitive assembly operations in the production of our medical devices. You will be following established standards using diagrams, drawings or other assembly procedures.
You are responsible for
- Experience with existing manufacturing technologies – extrusion
- Experience in polymer and composite processing (e.g. extrusion,
- Conceptualize, ideate, and create new products
- Collaborate closely with other members of engineering/design team
- Consider design for manufacturability and assembly (DFM/DFA) concepts during the product design process to increase speed-to-market, production efficiency and reduce finished product cost
- Evaluate designs through physical and virtual product testing including performing stress, thermal and tolerance analyses using software tools
- Carefully consider and analyze concept part designs to ensure manufacturability
- Manage product documentation including bill of materials (BOMs), design verification reports and engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Plan and implement project/task timelines and reports progress
- Assist in the development and execution of product test plans
You are a part of
- Bachelor of Science or related technical degree, or equivalent professional engineering experience - mechanical, material science or biomedical preferred.
- Experience in extrusion design/manufacturing in medical device industry
- Ability to use analytical techniques for design verification, problem and root cause analysis.
- Strong applications background in polymer science.
- Working knowledge of both FDA and CE design controls.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and select appropriate process technologies and equipment to manufacture medical devices
- Strong technical writing ability.
- Leadership ability and organizational skills.
- Strong team oriented professional with good interpersonal skills who is hands-on with a high energy approach to work.
- Proficiency in the use of PC and programs, particularly Excel and Word to create procedures, work instructions, forms etc along with Minitab.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (oral and written) both to senior management, customers and associates
- Ability to lead smaller teams of 2-4 members
- Execute tasks in a timely manner without direct supervision.
- Able to prioritize tasks.
- System integration with global teams, SCRUM and other forms of Agile
- Demonstrated ability in reliability engineering in a matrix environment
In return, we offer you
You will be creating the highest quality Medical Device products that save lives and limbs. You will be driving your passion and ensuring all any quality standards are met.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.