The Sr. Applications Developer is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex, custom Web sites, and custom solutions. The role is responsible for consulting with internal customers, team members and external vendors to appropriately design, build and manage web sites and services. Over time, the Sr. Application Developer may participate in strategy, product development, and consult with internal customers and partners at a higher level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze user requirements, create technical specifications and apply proven application development and agile methodologies in order to accomplish business goals.
- Provide expert knowledge and recommendations on product designs across a broad range of development methodologies and tools to ensure the success and sustainability of custom applications.
- Ensure delivery of business needs in a timely cost-effective manner.
- Assist in developing project plans, considering available resources and cost estimations.
- Regularly communicate complex, technical issues to non-technical business leaders and technical project stakeholders by providing timely generation and distribution of content and project work.
- Consult with vendors and other team members to design, build and manage web sites.
- Monitors progress of technical issue resolution and negotiate solutions as necessary.
- Understand relational data structures and technologies to design, develop, and query stored data.
- Provide reviews of technical deliverables and identify gaps/areas for improvement.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the environment, implement monitoring, quality and validation processes to ensure high availability and performance.
- Provide post-implementation support, respond to problem quickly and provide both short- and long-term resolutions.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
75%| Design, develop, and test custom developed programs and processes.
10%| Create and review detailed technical specifications required in each phase of the project and comply with internal development standards and guidelines.
10%| Provide post-implementation support and provide both short- and long-term resolutions.
5%| Utilize prescribed department change management processes and methodology to report anomalies, errors, inaccuracies, or inefficiencies.
Skills, Education and Additional Information ?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of Application Development for consumer facing applications or related area
- Expert in the use of various programming languages.
- Relevant understanding of online analytics and demonstrate proficiency in using web analytics tools
- Strong experience with Microsoft TFS, specifically build and release management
- Experience with project management methodologies
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft IIS
- Understanding of web services, modular development, HTML/CSS, XML, SQL, and ORM
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills