We are looking for a Senior Developer to lead an effort to bring one of our flagship applications to the cloud. This is an exciting and high profile project that will involve challenging problem solving and architecting a solution from the ground up.
You will build a computer application to meet business informational needs and requirements. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. Supports and troubleshoots existing applications. Evaluates and analyzes business requirements for new systems and system changes.
A day in the life of a Sr. Application Developer
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
- Develops program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related systems.
- Codes programs using various programming languages as appropriate.
- Tests and debugs programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Documents program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
- Supports, updates and maintains existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
- Coordinates with project team members to define application requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
- Provides high level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
- May design system architectures.
What do you need to succeed?
- Modern web development experience using technologies such as NodeJS and Angular2.
- Cloud development experience, Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Ability to leverage technology background and understanding of latest technologies to apply to development work.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented design.
- Experience with Advanced Business Applications Programming (ABAP), Java, Visual Basic and/or other object oriented and procedural programming languages as appropriate to specialty.
- Familiarity with applications development process.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies as required by associated development team.
- General business knowledge required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Project management skills required.