The Senior Developer will integrate various Enterprise Systems related to discovering, aggregating, scoring, and issue creation for Technical Debt to improve the team's workflow, reporting, and analytics capabilities. Developerresponsibilities include designing, developing and deploying high-quality Java code that will interact with various databases and web APIs; participating in client interactions, including senior team members, when creating system solutions; and identifying gaps and developing a process for data quality enhancement and remediation.
- Main Accountability 1: System and product design.
- Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which require research and analysis.
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, architect application security, testing, debugging, and documentation with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Main Accountability 2: Execute solutions.
- Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, validatesecurity features, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
- Main Accountability 3: Provideleadership to more juniorassociates.
- Recognized as a SME on a particular system, aspect or module of a system.
- Mentors more junior developers.
- May lead projects as needed.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Java programming experiencerequired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns (Gang of Four)
- 5+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
- 5+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems preferred
- Full knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience working with networking programming and sockets preferred
- Financial services experiencepreferred
- Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed