Under general supervision, the Senior Software Developer will show great promise and passion for his/her career. He/she will assist their team in all phases of the development process including design, integration and maintenance while observing proper behaviors, patterns, and standards. The Senior Software Developer ensures that Stifel’s coding practices are used in all development projects and procedures and is willing to learn and grow with Stifel; as well as, take guidance from more senior team members while also assisting and mentoring peers.
- Assists the Development team in various phases of development, including design, implementation, integration, revision control, release and the maintenance of multiple products and systems.
- Follows Stifel’s coding and development standards (Microsoft base).
- Facilitate in the growth of otherdevelopers through code review and one-on-one interaction.
- Documents clearly and effectively within code as well as outside of code.
- Coordinate with other team members when tackling harder developmental efforts.
- Continue to stay on top of the latest technologies and see how they can be applied to Stifel’s needs throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Collaborative development with the familiarity and knowledge of environment.
- Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
- Passion for the integrity of database/software design and a willingness to compromise appropriately to balance design and delivery.
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Thorough understanding of the software lifecycle and relevant software methodologies used in software development.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Highly self-motivated and delivery focused.
- Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach, bias for action.
- Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business and demonstrates understanding of the context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open.
- Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
Minimum Required: BS or BA in Computer Science or related field
Minimum Required: 5 –7 years of post BS progressive experience in C#/.NET, or relevant Java/C++/etc.,
required; demonstrate a level of expertise within your domain.