At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are currently seeking a Frontend Developer to join the Rogers Digital Team. Working primarily from our Toronto office, you will be working with the business stakeholders and our UX&Design teams to build the systems that fuel our digital presence.
- Working in a small team with a startup mentality, writing high quality reusable code
- Comfortable recommending technical solutions to a development and business audience.
- Collaborating with other development teams to support business on day to day development requests
- Innovating and testing out new solutions through POCs and iterative releases
- Interpreting business requirements into technical solutions
- Preparing documentation and use case scenarios when required
- Leading solution designs, documenting architecture proposals and creating high-level design documents*(?)
- Helping determine coding standards along with the senior development team and ensure consistent adoption by developers
- Conducting code reviews, mentoring and coaching the larger team, providing objective feedback to consultants and development partners to ensure proper execution of projects.
- Passionate about shaping the direction of what web technologies we adopt and integrate.
- Core web fundamentals: HTML5, Typescript, CSS/SCSS knowledge
- Experience with Angular framework
- Experience in working with distributed teams situated globally in different geographies
- Flexible and adaptive, team player
- Excellent analytical communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work and well organized
- Ability to take ownership on the deliverables
- Comfortable working with market driven timelines