Cracker Barrel is seeking a Sr. Developer, Mobile, who will lead the development of all existing and future Cracker Barrel mobile applications and serve as the technical thought leader for our next generation of digital mobile app experiences. This seasoned development pro has proven experience developing commercial mobile commerce applications using native development and/or native-oriented cross platform frameworks such as React Native or Xamarin, is comfortable building and establishing new Digital development teams, and works well in a cross-functional Agile team of internal team members, external contractors, and agency partners.
- Lead the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for our native mobile commerce and gaming apps.
- Design, code, configure, unit test, and document software deliverables.
- Provide mobile app thought leadership in the design of our next generation integrated marketing and commerce experience built on Sitecore Experience Platform, Sitecore Experience Commerce, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud leveraging a cross-platform mobile application framework such as React Native or Xamarin for all future mobile development.
- Collaboratively develop coding standards, processes, tooling, and frameworks as a senior member of an Agile team.
- Help select and mentor development talent as we build out the new Digital software development team.
- Ensure that solutions designed and developed by the team are secure, scalable, cost-effective, and compliant with applicable standards including PCI-DSS, WCAG, PII, and CCPA.
- Automate testing of digital solutions to ensure high quality Digital experiences reach Guests and Employees.
- Establish the creation of the Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines for the Digital work streams.
- Oversee the submission and approval of Cracker Barrel apps for both Apple Store and Google Play.
- Foster a culture of innovation by evaluating new technologies and ways of working and evangelizing to the broader technology community.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline.
Three to five years of progressive experience developing commercial mobile apps that leverage some form of commercial e-commerce platform for online sales
- Proven experience building, testing, deploying, and maintaining highly rated commercial mobile apps for both iOS and Android.
- Well-versed and experienced in cross platform development frameworks such as React Native or Xamarin.
- Understanding of Portable Web Applications (PWA) and their role in the mobile app landscape.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging commercial ecommerce and CMS platforms to help provide commerce and content functionality in mobile applications.
- Skilled with relevant technologies including Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, Java Script, C#, and REST.
- Experienced with accepting form of mobile payment such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Skilled in Agile Methodologies in a SCRUM environment.
- Strong background with test driven development (TDD) and automated unit testing.
- Demonstrated implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) for mobile application development leveraging tools such as Visual Studio App Center.
- Proven experience in security and compliance practices including PCI-DSS certification, WCAG compliance, and PII and privacy compliance.
- Restaurant or retail experience preferred.