Desired Skill Set (Experienced preferred/ If not experienced committed to learning quickly)
Experience in Extracting, Cleaning, Transforming and Loading data using the tool Informatica
Experience in Oracle for performing ETL functions using Stored Procedures
Experience in Teradata utilities (e.g. Multiload, Fastload, T-Pump and BTEQ Scripts)
Experience in extracting data from various sources ranging from Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata then Flat Files to load data into Data Marts and data warehouses.
Proficient in working with PL/SQL stored procedures, packages and triggers
Actively involved in Performance Tuning, maintaining Staging areas, Backup and Recovery processes
Efficient in Optimizing, Debugging and testing SQ: queries and stored procedures.
Excellent knowledge of Shell Scripting and job scheduling on platforms like UNIX
Experience in SDLC using SAFE
Passionate about doing the right thing
Knowledgeable on DevOps and actively executing practices to achieve Summit level adoption
JOB SUMMARY: With minimal guidance, modifies complex applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in phases.Job Description
1. With minimal guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications that are moderately complex.
2. Analyzes and validates moderately complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Develops and implements new programs and/or modifications of existing applications. Responsible for the design, prototyping and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the development of test plans and program specifications with minimal interfaces.
3. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements moderately complex software applications according to standards.
4. Develops specifications and programs moderately complex technical modules, applications, prototypes and computer programs.
5. Performs all aspects of applications programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
6. Evaluates and provides technical solutions to moderately complex application development problems.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience in programming and systems analysis.
Knowledge: Must have proven knowledge in computer programming language. Must have a thorough understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Must have a thorough understanding in systems analysis and design techniques. Must have general knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze moderately complex applications and systems. Must be able to program moderately complex systems requiring minimal interfaces. Must possess problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have moderate decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation. Must have written and oral communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as to interact with all levels within the company.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director and HR Offic
Valid Through: 2019-11-12