Are you passionate about data, architecture, software development and analytics possess first-hand experience with Hadoop, data warehousing, data integration, and API development? Do you believe in modern software development methods, teamwork, creativity and collaboration within a diverse development environment to produce the next generation of data - analytics platforms and services? If so, then we are interested in talking to you!
Ally is seeking a Fellow-Data Analytics to provide thought leadership within Ally's data technologies development space. The ideal candidate will have personal experience implementing data lakes, data analytics, and master data management solutions, including data ingestion, data homogenization - data preparation, data quality checking and management, structured and unstructured data processing, relational and no SQL data processing and applications, API development, advanced analytics, and business intelligence. Experience with modern self-service data capabilities, data management and governance, data modeling, and data architecture is also a plus.
Responsible for creating, maintaining, and optimizing data pipelines and related enterprise data processes in support of strategic analytics and data science at Ally. The selected candidate will be tasked with building solutions, such as master data management functions, data ingestion, meta-data design and implementation, data transformations, data analytics and data governance. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of proven data management experience including master data management, data analytics, data quality, data governance, and data modeling.
- Design, build, and maintain appropriate data models and structures in support of analytics, data profiling, data rules and data lineage.
- Design and develop quality process and procedures to ensure effective availability, definition, and integrity of data assets.
- Work with data stewards to define data rules, develop reference data and master data to support business initiatives and projects.
- Analyze and profile data to identify new business opportunities and others to implement a solution that impacts business in a positive manner.
- Develop and maintain documentation on execution of the processes and data including data lineage, metadata, and required data governance outputs.
- Ensure compliance to Enterprise Data Governance policies and standards while defining the data definition and data quality framework for Master Data Management.
- Collaborate with the data owners from the line of businesses (LOB) to define data transformation and data integration rules to build the program in support of data integration.
- Capture the data validation rules to develop the requirements to drive thoughtful API development.
- Identify and propose new data sources to enhance the breadth and quality of the data captured and processed.
- Maintain necessary processes, controls and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Share your technical and organizational knowledge to mentor junior staff members.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to business stakeholders in making decisions related to data rules.
- Subject matter expert in banking systems.
- Develop reconciliation programs to monitor the integrity of the production system data.
- Develop and present professional quality presentations and demonstrations to both engineering and business stakeholders on system strategy, design, and project progress.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field of study.
- 3+ years of data management and data analysis experience.
- Strong API development background.
- Strong background and understanding of enterprise information management, including metadata, reference data, data quality, data lineage practices and big data solutions.
- Expert and proven experience with SQL programming.
- Working knowledge of banking, investment, mortgage and auto line of business.
- Working knowledge of Python, SAS, R and other analytical tools a plus.
- Experience in enterprise data governance to design, develop and document data related policies, standards, procedures, and processes.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members.