The Business Technology Senior Developer will perform complex software design tasks and will provide thought leadership on the design, installation and maintenance of complex projects. The Senior Developer is our most experienced individual contributor in software development, is completely self-sufficient, and responsible for owning and delivering projects on time. The Senior Developer will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and design development solutions. This role may mentor or lead junior level developers while ensuring development practices are in line with company best practices and policies.
- Design and develop complex application systems using advanced technology platforms
- Participate and assist in application architecture functions
- Works independently or with a team on low, moderate and highly complex programming tasks
- Develop and test internal web applications, including UI design.
- Analyze software problems utilizing debugging tools/methods and code fixes
- Designs and manages the Business Technology tools and applications
- Maintains end-user training and documentation for Business Technology applications.
- Works with the internal decision support community to select appropriate BI Business Technology solutions
- Performs Peer Code Reviews and helps communicate coding standards
- Assist in mentoring Jr level associates in programming practices and design
- Advanced knowledge in writing SQL queries
- Design, create and manage database tables
- Develop and test ETL processes.
- Develops logical and physical data models for extraction, transformation, and load (ETL).
- Batch Automation analysis / job optimization leveraging SSIS and other ETL tools
- Connects to multiple internal and external systems/products via APIs for workflow automation
Partner with Business in Defining Solutions
- Uses business knowledge to coordinate various solutions/improvements to enhance operational scalability.
- May lead discussions with the business during analysis and problem solving sessions
- Consistently communicates technical aspects of business processes.
- Provides context for architecture design.
- Relates experience to influence hardware decisions.
- Continues to communicate with the business to deepen knowledge of the internal operations of the firm.
- Relates technical terms and concepts to non-technical business users
- Partner with internal business units to write user stories, success criteria, and JIRA tickets
- Manages multiple resources across several projects. Provides insights on future sprint content and scoping of large project efforts
- Prioritizes projects and holds stakeholders accountable for execution
- Communicates progress of projects verbally and via written communication.
- Establishes appropriate expectations for development to be completed while leveraging an Agile mindset
- Measures the ROI of projects deliverables and provides sequencing of future deliverables and dependencies
- Establishes appropriate expectations for development to be completed while leveraging an Agile mindset, demoing projects regularly and responding to feedback
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing with business users