The Senior Developer, Business Technology is a role for our most experienced individual contributors on the Business Technology development team. The Senior Developer is actively involved in the full life cycle of the development process and is self sufficient with only management check-ins for status and can remove some barriers independently. Responsible for owning and delivering projects on time.
- Design and develop complex application systems using advanced technology platforms
- Participate and assist in application architecture functions
- Designs and manages the BI tools and applications
- Manages end-user training and documentation and provides support to the internal decision support community
- Works with the internal decision support community to select appropriate BI solutions
- Performs Peer Code Reviews and coordinates User Acceptance Testing
- Advanced knowledge in writing SQL queries
- Design, create and manage database tables
- Develop and test ETL processes.
- Develops logical and physical data models for extraction, transformation, and load (ETL).
- Batch Automation analysis / job optimization
- Uses internal knowledge to coordinate various solutions/improvements to enhance operational scalability.
- Consistently communicates technical aspects of business processes.
- Provides context for architecture design.
- Relates experience to make hardware decisions.
- Continues to communicate with the business to deepen knowledge of the internal operations of the firm.
- Manages multiple resources across several projects. Provides insights on future sprint content and scoping of large project efforts
- Prioritizes projects and holds stakeholders accountable for execution
- Communicates progress of projects
- Measures the ROI of projects deliverables and provides sequencing of future deliverables and dependencies
- 5-7 years related experience
- 3 or more years experience developing using C#.NET and Angular is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of dynamic website design and comfort with various technologies including (SOAP Web Services, Ajax, ASP/ASP.NET, XML)
- Demonstrated experience with business analysis, financial planning & analysis, or management reporting
- Strong knowledge of the financial databases and business intelligence systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL with comfort in the following RDBMS systems (Oracle, SQL Server, Postrgres, Netezza, Cache)
- In depth experience with software development methodologies, software development and QA standards including (SOA,BPM,ERP,BPR,EAI)
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to see the big picture and a desire to learn
- Attention to and appreciation for detail with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a high standard of integrity
- Strong leadership skills with ability to achieve results by working through others
- Proven creativity and resourcefulness in uncovering sources of information
- Ability to train and develop less experienced senior analysts
- 2 Year College Degree, 4 Year College Degree (Preferred)
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.